Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if 1/3 is right, but it does appear that the quest maps are significantly smaller in 2e (speeds up play).

There are Act I/Act II shop items. There are currently 12 Search cards, one of which is a treasure chest (?) which allows you to draw a shop card. Several of the other Search cards are potions/weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you don't get treasures in the middle of a quest any more unless you happen to draw that one treasure chest search card.

The search cards instead are usually potions, and then they also double as gold which you can use between quests to buy new equipment (on campaign mode).

Alternatively, if you just want to play a one-shot, you can use the epic start rules (in which you're given some gold prior to the quest to buy some beefier stuff).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quests that I looked at in the booklet seemed rather large, especially if you combined 1st and 2nd encounter. Probably on the scale of maybe 1/4 smaller than 1st Ed quests.

Don't play a game expecting to find treasure. That's done before if you play the Epic variant, or between games if you are playing the campaign mode.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theis Magle
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have only very little experience with the game, but I have read the 12 treasure cards.

My poor experience have so fare giving me the impression, that if you need 2 action to get a treasure card (witch is the case in most situation: 1 to move to the serch token and one to serch it) you should use your action to prevent the OL in reach his goal insted. That is only for no campaign.

Have not played campaign, but I think the gold is real importen there. So belive you would use a lot of time serching everything posible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheisMagle wrote:
I have only very little experience with the game, but I have read the 12 treasure cards.

My poor experience have so fare giving me the impression, that if you need 2 action to get a treasure card (witch is the case in most situation: 1 to move to the serch token and one to serch it) you should use your action to prevent the OL in reach his goal insted. That is only for no campaign.

Have not played campaign, but I think the gold is real importen there. So belive you would use a lot of time serching everything posible.

In a campaign, I'd try to get every search card I could. Probably not immediately, but I wouldn't just end the encounter without trying to grab them.

In a one-shot, I'd completely ignore them unless I honestly had nothing better to do with my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
In a one-shot, I'd completely ignore them unless I honestly had nothing better to do with my turn.

In the game I played, the Fatigue Potions we found were rather useful. But since what you do find isn't exceptionally use, I do agree that it's probably a good strategy to not search unless there's nothing else to do (i.e. near the end of the first encounter, clear out the searches).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
This is probably tangentially related, so I'll post here instead of making new thread.

I'm trying to form an idea how useful the really fun sounding runner-focused Thief actually is. (Particularly compared a zomg-action-advantage Wildlander or afk-disrupting-scepter-bot Wildlander)

Can any quest-guide haver comment if the following assumptions are roughly commonly true:
- quests usually get search tokens? Edit: Equal to number of heroes?
- second encounters of quests *also* do get search tokens (presumably in similar number)?
- quests where searching is part of the objective (via that unique search token?) exist in greater numbers than 1-in-20 fluke?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look at the Interlude or Finale quests, but the other ones it seemed there were at least one search token per hero. The quest we played, both encounters had search tokens for a specific quest item (if it wasn't there, you just got a search draw).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Sounds good, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my quest guide...

Of the 37 encounters, 7 of them use the unique search token.

It looks like every single encounter has at least one "normal" search token per hero (note that the unique search token, if used in a quest, doesn't give normal search benefits when found). Two encounters, Interlude 1 and Finale 1 Encounter 1, have two tokens per hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.