Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking around a bookstore today I saw a book about Obama in the fantasy/sci-fi section of the store and I just thought I'd share this moment with you folks here.

(I have no real opinion about Obama other than what the press says about him which is in no way impartial)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking around my office today I saw a guy wearing a tie that was about two inches too short and he looked ridiculous. I just thought I'd share that with you as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrJork wrote:
Walking around a bookstore today I saw a book about Obama in the fantasy/sci-fi section of the store and I just thought I'd share this moment with you folks here.

(I have no real opinion about Obama other than what the press says about him which is in no way impartial)

Having worked in a bookstore for a while, this is a prank that shoppers often play. I've seen the Bible, the Koran, Mein Kampf, and various biographies/memoirs filed in sections that someone thought was funny. I'd put money on it having been a shopper trying to make a statement or be funny, with a very slim chance it was the store owner/manager/staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Walking around a bookstore today I saw a book written by Newt Gingrich in the fantasy/sci-fi section of the store and I just thought I'd share this moment with you folks here.

(I don't have a comment other than I read it, it's good.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:

Having worked in a bookstore for a while, this is a prank that shoppers often play. I've seen the Bible, the Koran, Mein Kampf, and various biographies/memoirs filed in sections that someone thought was funny. I'd put money on it having been a shopper trying to make a statement or be funny, with a very slim chance it was the store owner/manager/staff.

I always take a copy of Twilight from the Science Fiction section and stick it into the teen romance section.

I'm hoping at some point it'll stick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
it was a "wellness and spiritual" bookstore so who knows what the staff what thinking/using (it's the netherlands after all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking around a book store I saw a book!,

Just thought I would share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.