Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
73 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

D-Day Dice» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping Time Based on Level of Support? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a post on another thread in this forum wherein a user claimed his package had not yet arrived because he only pledged at the $50 level, implying that the higher level pledges shipped first. Is this accurate?

If early shipping was an advertised perk based on pledge level, I missed it. I don't recall seeing anything about it in the recent posts by Rik or anyone else with Valley. Then again, I was mainly focused on when the game would come out and what would be in the box so I could easily have overlooked shipping details.

In any event, I'm just surprised that my game hasn't arrived when it only has to travel from Atlanta to Charleston. Every other time I've had something shipped from a neighboring state via UPS, deliver time is just two days. Even Coolstuff purchases arrive in two days and they are coming from Florida. Miniature Market ships from St. Louis and it only takes three days.

Oh well, I'm not mad, just confused and a little disappointed and not having it for the weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
It's alright, you will all receive your copy soon, don't stress out.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fungi From Yuggoth
United States
Northern Chicago burbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fear the Atomic Skull-Bat! (or don't. It's up to you...)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine yesterday. I don't think that anyone can accurately speculate as to when/how the packages are being shipped out. I never received a shipping notice; it just appeared on my doorstep on the same day that my copy of Dominant Species the card game showed up. A nice double surprise. I'm sure everyone will get theirs as quickly as Rik, Emmanuel and the gang can get them shipped out. Who knows? Yours might just show up tomorrow. Think positive and enjoy the tension of the wait!

Happy gaming,

M13

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I once backed a game on Kickstarter that sounded very good on paper, but when the first reviews started coming in, it was met with a lukewarm reception. There were not any whining on the forums then about shipping. So I guess this is a good thing, and we wouldn't have all this complaining if it wasn't for the fact that D-Day Dice is a really good game.

I will therefor do my best to not get annoyed by YATAS (Yet Another Thread About Shipping).

5 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry The game is coming. They're doing their best in getting them sent. They had a tonne of swag and rewards that they had to manually pack. So please don't stress. Think about those that live half way around the world. No matter what level they've pledged at it always takes a lot longer. Even though I pledged at Line for life, I'm sure yours will probably come before mine, and a I'm just happy that it's coming and don't mind when it arrives. It's be like a nice surprise

So for me I just say
"Whenever the game comes, it comes."
I've waited 6 months for a game that was meant to have been sent 6 months ago. Other kickstarter games are usually in stores before I get mine, but I'm cool with it.

Since it's only been days so Hang in there if in the case everyone's received their's, including backers overseas and someone hasn't then it's best to contact them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I hear what your saying though if I had known shipping was a perk I would have pleged higher, I still have received nothing and I have no info from UPS so I am guessing tomorrow is not looking good either so maybe next week. I am really looking forward to this so hopefully soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
darkoverlord6 wrote:
I hear what your saying though if I had known shipping was a perk I would have pleged higher, I still have received nothing and I have no info from UPS so I am guessing tomorrow is not looking good either so maybe next week. I am really looking forward to this so hopefully soon.

I don't think it was a perk. But with any task, you usually want to start with the hardest one. Since these were hand collated, why not start with the boxes that contain ALL the goods and then work your way down to boxes that contain less. Accomplish more while you are fresh. Do the simple ones, once you are burned out. Watch the boxing video. Makes me want to puke from being so dizzy just watching them trot around the tables.

The point is, no one expected this thing to be as successful as it was. They had over 2,000 pre-orders. Not everyone is going to get them simultaneously. It is out of Valley's hands as they handed them off to UPS.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
darkoverlord6 wrote:
I hear what your saying though if I had known shipping was a perk I would have pleged higher, I still have received nothing and I have no info from UPS so I am guessing tomorrow is not looking good either so maybe next week. I am really looking forward to this so hopefully soon.

I don't think it was a perk. But with any task, you usually want to start with the hardest one. Since these were hand collated, why not start with the boxes that contain ALL the goods and then work your way down to boxes that contain less. Accomplish more while you are fresh. Do the simple ones, once you are burned out. Watch the boxing video. Makes me want to puke from being so dizzy just watching them trot around the tables.

The point is, no one expected this thing to be as successful as it was. They had over 2,000 pre-orders. Not everyone is going to get them simultaneously. It is out of Valley's hands as they handed them off to UPS.

Agreed, and it is not Valley's fault that UPS screwed up but it is possible that if UPS really screwed up and some of our games got lost it is going to be difficult for Valley/ us to know who got what. Basically, I am not blaming Valley but I would like to know when it would be acceptable to contact them about not receiving my package. I assume maybe next week Friday?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoverlord6 wrote:
I hear what your saying though if I had known shipping was a perk I would have pleged higher, I still have received nothing and I have no info from UPS so I am guessing tomorrow is not looking good either so maybe next week. I am really looking forward to this so hopefully soon.

I'm in the same boat, only a bit closer in northwest Georgia. I thought for sure my game would be here this week, but it's not looking good. I do realize the game will get here eventually but with all the hype when these were shipping, I really expected mine soon, even by last week. Initially, it sounded as if everything was boxed up and shipped last Monday and Tuesday (July 2-3) and it has become obvious that that is not the case. In fact, update #28 said, "All products should be packed and shipped by Tuesday.  Some of you should have your games as early as Friday!" That was clearly not the case so it shouldn't have been relayed to us.

Honestly, the day after my copy ships it will be at my house, so it has taken a lot longer to get the shipment out than originally suggested. I do realize that this has been reported to us as a UPS issue, but it still means that me and many others are left hanging in limbo with no idea of what's going on. I know there were a lot of games to ship but they had a shipping company to do that once they were packed (PSI or something) and UPS has quite a bit of experience. I figure these companies together should be able to handle 2000 or so boxes - isn't that what they do? Someone has messed this up and Valley Games should at least know what's going on with its games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm beginning too wonder if people bother to actually read through the threads, or read the KS updates at all.

From a YATAS () and posted by Rik (Valley Games):
caius wrote:
Yes, higher levels got shipped first but that was NOT a function of how much was paid but rather a function of getting all the signature cards correct and the more complicated tiers by components getting packed up first.

The numbered cards are not randomly assigned but instead by when you pledged during the campaign. So, the lower the number you are the earlier in the campaign you pledged amongst your peers. This meant confirming name to card for each of the 750+ packages.

When we left, all that was remaining to pack were the remaining Officer that we didn't get to, Noncom and Enlisted.

I am working on getting a report exported from UPS and USPS in order to begin comparing what has and hasn't shipped.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patience people !!! Patience !!!

Alright, of course "The Loser Level Supporter" will get our copy last, that is understandable. Who's fault is it that we didn't put up more dough at the first place? huh?

Stop bitching about "Where is my item and when is a good time to send Valley Games a thousand emails asking then where the heaven is my D-Day Dice game?"

What would be really good thing for Valley Games to do now is create a few tutorial videos on youtube teaching people how to play the D-Day Dice based game and post that video here. Create another video on how to play the Atlantikwall expansion and post it here.

This will achieve 3 things:

1. People's attention will be redirected on watching these videos and will stop bitching for a little bit.

2. By the time we get our games, we will be ready to play immediately. People are lazy and dumb, who wants to read the instruction nowadays?

3. Valley Games will sell their expansions like crazy since the videos will do such a great job convincing the way to happiness is to enter this bottomless pit of buying their endless expansions of D-Day Dice.

Talking about killing 3 birds with 1 stone, huh?







 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, some people sure do seem to get rubbed the wrong way when someone has a question about shipping status. No one is blaming Valley games for anything, no one mentioned anything about bombarding them with emails just yet. They just seem to be asking if anyone can confirm the shipping methods for a sanity check.

The only posts I don't get are people that claim if they knew quicker shipping would be a perk at higher levels they would've pledged at a higher level. I seriously doubt that. At higher levels, you get expansions and at the highest level, future expansions. They're basically saying: I don't want to pay more for expansions, but I'd pay more to get the base game a couple of weeks quicker even though the game won't be ready to ship for months from now. It's easy to say they'd pay extra for quicker shippping now, but back then, I seriously doubt they would. Doesn't make sense.

All that said, it would be nice if someone from Valley took a minute or two to provide a quick shipping status update. Something along the lines of how many are left to ship and an updated ETA to completion. That would probably go a long way to ease some people nerves a bit and slow down the frequency of new "what's the shipping status?" threads.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
All that said, it would be nice if someone from Valley took a minute or two to provide a quick shipping status update. Something along the lines of how many are left to ship and an updated ETA to completion. That would probably go a long way to ease some people nerves a bit and slow down the frequency of new "what's the shipping status?" threads.

Someone from Valley has already provided an update yesterday. I quoted it above. The problem is that the response is on another of these 'where's my copy' threads.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
remus wrote:
All that said, it would be nice if someone from Valley took a minute or two to provide a quick shipping status update. Something along the lines of how many are left to ship and an updated ETA to completion. That would probably go a long way to ease some people nerves a bit and slow down the frequency of new "what's the shipping status?" threads.

Someone from Valley has already provided an update yesterday. I quoted it above. The problem is that the response is on another of these 'where's my copy' threads.


Ah, ok thanks. When I first read your post I thought it was referring to the update they emailed to supporters last week. Sorry, hadn't had my coffee yet and I'm not fully following all of these threads.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I agree that all I am looking for at this point is a status update to alleviate the confusion. As CAG pointed out we had an update on July 3rd that said "everything should be shipped" then one on July 8 that said "well maybe not could be some stuff is still at the warehouse". So which is it? In my head I started my expectation from July 3rd and figured I would have something no later than the 9th based on years of experience with UPS shipping in my area, that didn't happen. Base on the July 8th update it shold be here no later than today but I have gotten no shipping info from UPS so I am guessing but I am not hopeful. From what little we do know it's possible that I am getting my hopes up for nothing becuase my game may well still be in Atlanta.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
I'm beginning too wonder if people bother to actually read through the threads, or read the KS updates at all.

From a YATAS () and posted by Rik (Valley Games):
caius wrote:
Yes, higher levels got shipped first but that was NOT a function of how much was paid but rather a function of getting all the signature cards correct and the more complicated tiers by components getting packed up first.

The numbered cards are not randomly assigned but instead by when you pledged during the campaign. So, the lower the number you are the earlier in the campaign you pledged amongst your peers. This meant confirming name to card for each of the 750+ packages.

When we left, all that was remaining to pack were the remaining Officer that we didn't get to, Noncom and Enlisted.

I am working on getting a report exported from UPS and USPS in order to begin comparing what has and hasn't shipped.


Thanks; that helps. I hadn't seen that update since it went up about an hour after my original post.

I was thinking that all games had been packed and the problem was with UPS. Now I know that all that remains to be packed are the 556 enlisted, 322 noncoms (including mine), and a portion of the 723 officers.

I can wait. It just makes it a little easier knowing whether I should expect it within a day or two (my original belief) or within a week or two (my current thinking).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah based on what they've already packed (around 1200) and what's left (around 900), my guess is it will be at least another full week before all games are shipped and out of the warehouse.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:
Patience people !!! Patience !!!

Alright, of course "The Loser Level Supporter" will get our copy last, that is understandable. Who's fault is it that we didn't put up more dough at the first place? huh?

Stop bitching about "Where is my item and when is a good time to send Valley Games a thousand emails asking then where the heaven is my D-Day Dice game?"

What would be really good thing for Valley Games to do now is create a few tutorial videos on youtube teaching people how to play the D-Day Dice based game and post that video here. Create another video on how to play the Atlantikwall expansion and post it here.

This will achieve 3 things:

1. People's attention will be redirected on watching these videos and will stop bitching for a little bit.

2. By the time we get our games, we will be ready to play immediately. People are lazy and dumb, who wants to read the instruction nowadays?

3. Valley Games will sell their expansions like crazy since the videos will do such a great job convincing the way to happiness is to enter this bottomless pit of buying their endless expansions of D-Day Dice.

Talking about killing 3 birds with 1 stone, huh?


This would mean so much more if you hadn't posted the following items on their kickstarter comments page:

Quote:
Jay Huang on June 21

I am not supporting another project here again but it doesn't mean this one is not worth it. I just don't like the wait. Somebody told me kickstarter project always delays, I shouldnt be surprised.


Quote:
Jay Huang on June 18

update ! update ! update ! update ! update ! update ! update !


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Man I hope your estimate is off Remus, if correct I likely wouldn't have my game until July 27th, that would mean I wouldn't have it for vacation on the 19th which would be a real bummer. I never imagined when it reached Atlanta on June 27th it would take a month to get to me. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that what I get for being a mega "loser" at $35.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoverlord6 wrote:
Man I hope your estimate is off Remus, if correct I likely wouldn't have my game until July 27th, that would mean I wouldn't have it for vacation on the 19th which would be a real bummer. I never imagined when it reached Atlanta on June 27th it would take a month to get to me. shake


My estimate is based on their progress so far and how long they've been at it. If I understand the various support levels correctly, I think all the signature cards are already done and probably attributed to a good chunk of the time already behind us. No more signature cards moving forward should attribute to a quicker rate for the last 900 packages. That said, burnout might slow the rate down a little bit. Anyway, hopefully the signature cards attributed to a LARGE chunk of time and my estimate is too conservative. We'll see. Also, you can guage for yourself based on which level you pledged and how soon you pledged in the campaign. If you pledged at $50 and pledged early, yours could very will ship out today. I pledged $35 and late, so mine probably won't go out until the last day.

Whenever mine ships, I do have to give major kudos to the small team of people packing and shipping all these games. It's a huge job to tackle and I'm sure the UPS monkey wrench certainly didn't help.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
remus wrote:
My estimate is based on their progress so far and how long they've been at it.

My understanding was they sent people down there to get as many of the boxes done over one weekend as they could. Rik and Emmanuel and his girlfriend flew down to Atlanta from Canada to pack what they could. they also had other volunteers.

I believe what they have left are just the normal warehouse crew working to collate the rest. That might be the reason for the drop off in productivity. Their manpower is gone.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
remus wrote:
My estimate is based on their progress so far and how long they've been at it.

My understanding was they sent people down there to get as many of the boxes done over one weekend as they could. Rik and Emmanuel and his girlfriend flew down to Atlanta from Canada to pack what they could. they also had other volunteers.

I believe what they have left are just the normal warehouse crew working to collate the rest. That might be the reason for the drop off in productivity. Their manpower is gone.


Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately this info makes me wince a bit realizing that it could take even longer than I "calculated" to get through the rest. Ouch. surprise
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I hadn't considered that either, well what can you do but be patient I guess.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:

Stop bitching about "Where is my item and when is a good time to send Valley Games a thousand emails asking then where the heaven is my D-Day Dice game?"


I live in the USA it’s my right to complain and have unreal or real expectations when I pay money for a product..........
Nah, just kidding I can wait, it’s been almost 8 months what’s a few more days........I hope

:-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.