Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerahmeel Godinez
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for answering in advance! This is my first post on the site!

1. I picked up a resurrection loot thing, and it said "If Consul picked up this card..." Which led me to think when does the Consul pick up loot???

2. First-Round...Just to clarify after reading a few other threads...The Consul doesn't spawn 4 points until it's HIS turn? And During First Turn Heroes MAY ONLY activate (Move) one hero at a time then it's the Consul's turn to spawn 4 points, then another hero's move. This is done until all heroes have moved? Does Activating include attacking? If this is right, can Consul move previously spawned monsters? After the First Round all heroes can move on their turn?

3. Loot/Treasure sharing. Last time I played we picked up loot for each hero Every-time the meter passed loot, which another post corrected me with. Most of the time I'm only playing with two hero players which is a 2:3 split between heroes for a Super game.

Question/Opinion. How do you guys split loot? I'm gonna take it, that Heroes can share loot/treasure if they are adjacent to eachother cause sharing across the dungeon map is stupid to an RPG player.

4. Regarding Special Attacks, *Red Buttons* I was using my Mini-Boss Ogre guy and wanted to perform his immobile/weak and Push abilities to throw this rogue into lava. For these to work I have to roll a successful Attack? and Rogue still has a chance to defend/dodge.

5. What does Weak actually do? To me there was a lack of explanation. So During attacks Hero rolls two red and one green die which turns out 1:1:3 = 5. You remove the highest roll? so Attack roll is now 1:1 = 2

6. 'Magic' Heros attack with Mag
'Ranged' Heroes attack with Dex
What do their attack stat do then? they will only use it for melee?

7. Dwarvern Curse ability from that Dwarf Hero is kinda OP (Over-Powered). Can it hit Spawn Points? It says that it hits the Dwarf as well, so we've been playing it as The Dwarf is Drunk and hits himself while swearing and has to roll defense to see if it hurts him.

8. Is there a limit to hitting spawn points? Since it can't defend itself, heroes can pretty much hack and slash it during their turn if they manage to get close to it/use their special attacks.

9. When does Hookshot appear in the game? It's a treasure/loot card?

10. I've read up on a Running Action. Where is that in the book, totally missed it. And Monsters can run as well?

11. As long as the Power gauge passes 16 bit, I can spawn the mini bosses as many times as I can, after them being killed and returned to the pool...True?

12. Limit to using potions per turn? Eg. I used my rogue's potion to teleport right to the spawn point since it was in line of sight. I hit it twice and also rolled a heart which my Luck ability turns it to a potion then I teleported out of the area. Does this work? And potions don't use Ability points?

13. Wanting to know any good personal rules/game Modifications to SDE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I HIGHLY recommend you check this out.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/16206/super-dungeon-explo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot going on in this game to keep straight. A couple suggestions: checking out the videos linked above might help. You could also do with another, slow, read through the rulebook.

With that under your belt, you might find my rundown handy as a game reference sheet: SDE Rundown (Rules and Keywords).

Anyway, until Chris Lawson comes along and corrects this, I'm fairly confident about the following answers:

24threever wrote:
1. I picked up a resurrection loot thing, and it said "If Consul picked up this card..." Which led me to think when does the Consul pick up loot???

Page 15. "In addition, at the end of the round that 16-Bit is reached, the Consul draws one loot card for every spawning point still in play, chooses one of them, and shuffles the remainder into the deck. For the rest of the game, all denizen and minion monsters gain the effect of the chosen loot card."

24threever wrote:
2. First-Round...Just to clarify after reading a few other threads...The Consul doesn't spawn 4 points until it's HIS turn? And During First Turn Heroes MAY ONLY activate (Move) one hero at a time then it's the Consul's turn to spawn 4 points, then another hero's move. This is done until all heroes have moved? Does Activating include attacking? If this is right, can Consul move previously spawned monsters? After the First Round all heroes can move on their turn?

No, the Consul spawns monsters at the beginning of every round. Four skulls per spawning point, plus any skull tokens from the previous round. See Page 10 for the overview. After that, there is a roll for initiative. Then, starting with the winner of that roll, the Consul and Hero player(s) take turns activating models.

Activating a model is the time when you get to move it and use its actions and attacks. (About only thing that a model can initiate outside its activation is potion use.)

24threever wrote:
3. Loot/Treasure sharing. Last time I played we picked up loot for each hero Every-time the meter passed loot, which another post corrected me with. Most of the time I'm only playing with two hero players which is a 2:3 split between heroes for a Super game.

Question/Opinion. How do you guys split loot? I'm gonna take it, that Heroes can share loot/treasure if they are adjacent to eachother cause sharing across the dungeon map is stupid to an RPG player.

You can make whatever house rules you'd like, but the game is designed for sharing. You might notice that much of this game is an homage to video game mechanics.

24threever wrote:
4. Regarding Special Attacks, *Red Buttons* I was using my Mini-Boss Ogre guy and wanted to perform his immobile/weak and Push abilities to throw this rogue into lava. For these to work I have to roll a successful Attack? and Rogue still has a chance to defend/dodge.

Yes, special attacks (red button abilities) require rolling dice and defense. They are a special form of an attack, so the attack/defense process is used.

24threever wrote:
5. What does Weak actually do? To me there was a lack of explanation. So During attacks Hero rolls two red and one green die which turns out 1:1:3 = 5. You remove the highest roll? so Attack roll is now 1:1 = 2

"A model suffering Weak discards the highest result rolled anytime it makes a roll using its ATT attribute" Your example is correct. The highest die is discarded. Similar effects are Cold (for DEX), Fragile (for ARM), and Stun (for WILL).

24threever wrote:
6. 'Magic' Heros attack with Mag
'Ranged' Heroes attack with Dex
What do their attack stat do then? they will only use it for melee?

Yes, there could be reasons to use Melee (and Ranged can't be used if the target is adjacent). Think of "Attack" like a Strength stat.

24threever wrote:
7. Dwarvern Curse ability from that Dwarf Hero is kinda OP (Over-Powered). Can it hit Spawn Points? It says that it hits the Dwarf as well, so we've been playing it as The Dwarf is Drunk and hits himself while swearing and has to roll defense to see if it hurts him.

This is a special ability, not a special attack. It does not cause wounds. Any enemy models within three spaces will roll WILL against the dwarf rolling ATT. Each enemy that fails can be moved up to three spaces closer. No wounds.

24threever wrote:
8. Is there a limit to hitting spawn points? Since it can't defend itself, heroes can pretty much hack and slash it during their turn if they manage to get close to it/use their special attacks.

That is, in fact, exactly what the heroes should aim to do.

24threever wrote:
9. When does Hookshot appear in the game? It's a treasure/loot card?

It does not appear in the base game. There are a number of keywords that are described in the book but not implemented. Yet.

24threever wrote:
10. I've read up on a Running Action. Where is that in the book, totally missed it. And Monsters can run as well?

Page 17, describing the basic Speed attribute. "A model may forfeit all of their action points to Run. A model that Runs may move double their total Speed in the turn." Any model (Consul or Hero) may run.

24threever wrote:
11. As long as the Power gauge passes 16 bit, I can spawn the mini bosses as many times as I can, after them being killed and returned to the pool...True?

There is no limit to the number of times that mini bosses may be spawned. The Consul spends skulls to spawn them just like any other model -- they simply become available once you hit 16-Bit.

24threever wrote:
12. Limit to using potions per turn? Eg. I used my rogue's potion to teleport right to the spawn point since it was in line of sight. I hit it twice and also rolled a heart which my Luck ability turns it to a potion then I teleported out of the area. Does this work? And potions don't use Ability points?

No limit on potion use per turn. That works. Potions do not use ability points, and can even be used on someone else's turn.

24threever wrote:
13. Wanting to know any good personal rules/game Modifications to SDE.

I personally don't make game modifications or house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MajMalfunction10 wrote:

Yes. This was the reason I bought the game. Darn Rodney and his great explanations and having fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
I also would echo what has been said already..
tumorous wrote:
There's a lot going on in this game to keep straight. A couple suggestions: checking out the videos linked above might help. You could also do with another, slow, read through the rulebook.

With that under your belt, you might find my rundown handy as a game reference sheet: SDE Rundown (Rules and Keywords).

Anyway, until Chris Lawson comes along and corrects this, I'm fairly confident about the following answers:

Watch the WatchItPlayed YouTube videos for the game.

Read the answers supplied by tumorous, he has done a better job than I would have. And I'm not sure why I get the acknowledgement here, I've got a number of things wrong about the game

Read the rulebook again. Slowly. A lot of your questions can be answered but it alone.

24threever wrote:

Spawning Points can defend themselves. They have an ARM of 1 so Heroes need to roll at least 2 stars with their attack roll. Note: the attack roll could use either ATT, WILL or DEX depending if they Hero uses (for example) Melee (use ATT), Magic (use WILL) or Missile (use DEX).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Somerville
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
xris wrote:
24threever wrote:

Spawning Points can defend themselves. They have an ARM of 1 so Heroes need to roll at least 2 stars with their attack roll. Note: the attack roll could use either ATT, WILL or DEX depending if they Hero uses (for example) Melee (use ATT), Magic (use WILL) or Missile (use DEX).

About this... I've only played the game once, but this situation arised and I wanted to confirm or deny whether I did the right ting:
An Ironscale ended his move next to a spawn point and used his shield ability that give +1Blue to ARM for every friendly model next to him. I ruled that this gave the spawn point an ARM of 1Blue + 1. Right or wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gormash wrote:
xris wrote:
24threever wrote:

About this... I've only played the game once, but this situation arised and I wanted to confirm or deny whether I did the right ting:
An Ironscale ended his move next to a spawn point and used his shield ability that give +1Blue to ARM for every friendly model next to him. I ruled that this gave the spawn point an ARM of 1Blue + 1. Right or wrong?

I don't have the card handy, but if the Ironscale ability benefits every friendly model, then spawning points would be included. Spawning points are models, too. They just don't move or act much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Gormash wrote:

Quote:
Ironscale
Shieldwall: Augment, Aura 1, +1 Blue ARM

Augment "target or affect friendly models", Spawning Points are friendly models so they do get the +1 Blue addition to their ARM.

"Auras remain in play, centred on and moving with the user, until the beginning of their next activation". So in this case, the Ironscale didn't even need to end the turn adjacent to the Spawning Point, it just had to be adjacent at somepoint during its movement. Auras will affect any friendly model that becomes adjacent (including the Ironscale as well). This +1 Blue die bonus could include any friendly models that move adjacent during this round or the next round as well (until the Ironscale is next activated).

Thematically, the Ironscale is using his shield to protect friendly models (hence the +1 Blue die on ARM).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerahmeel Godinez
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahh thanks everyone, might read the rules again, the Rundown and I totally forgot about the video. Most of the questions just wanted to verify how I interpreted the rules/other posts I saw. Thanks for the detailed answers again, really wanted to get this game right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.