United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all!

Over the past 3 or 4 months I've noticed a handful of ads that say "have: Mage Knight/Eclipse; Want: The other one". Now, I know these games have gone through the hotness cycle and have had various stages of OOP-ness. My question to you fine geeks is, has anyone been on either side of the Eclipse=Mage Knight trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I fully understand the question. I own both so I may be in a position to answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
Not sure I fully understand the question. I own both so I may be in a position to answer.

Recently, I've seen posts like this one where people specifically want to transact Mage Knight and Eclipse. I don't remember often seeing such specific requests. Usually people's posts are along the lines of "Here's a list of what I'm trying to get rid of" or "I have x, y, and z and I'm looking for a, b, or c". But I can't think of another example where people zeroed in on two specific games. For example, I've never seen a post declaring "H: Stone Age; W: Space Munchkin", let alone multiple posts like that from different users over the course of weeks. Ultimately, I'm just curious if people are trading Mage Knight for Eclipse or visa versa. Clear as mud?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I have seen a few of those posts over the past couple of months specifically looking to trade one for the other. I think part of it is the fact thar both games are\were really hot and both had availability problems. When one was briefly available the other was not and they were both around the same price point (I paid ~$65 for each). Perhaps people were jumping on the hype wagon and found the gloss wore off and maybe bought one specifically to use as trade bait for the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ice
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I might chime in as I'm the guy. When Eclipse was at its peak value, around $150, I traded it for Mage Knight (then in print) plus Stronghold and Dungeon Lords. It was kindof too good a deal to pass up. Problem is, I really like Eclipse and don't really want to play Mage Knight more, and am regretting the trade. I thought I'd check to see if their values have converged enough to make the deal to go back to Eclipse, which was pretty much my intention all along. You mentioned somebody had Eclipse and wanted Mage Knight? Do tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.