Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
So what should I purchase (or trade for) next? While I have a list of games I am actively pursuing, I would like to know if there is anything out there I am missing.

A bit about my tastes: I prefer non-zero sum, positive interaction (think building an economy in Container), and spatially dynamic games. I find myself leaning toward economic themes where commodity speculation is a key mechanic. Some of my favorite games that reflect this are Container, Indonesia, Chicago Express, and Namibia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchants & Marauders definitely has something similar to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need a Wallace in your collection. I recommend Brass: Lancashire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check out Wealth of Nations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Brown
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Last night on Earth, really fun schlock horror zombie game. Total change of pace (shambling). zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Baltimore & Ohio is sometimes called "Chicago Express on steroids". May be too long for your group.

Wallace is a good suggestion, but I think you'd be more partial to Automobile. From the BGG page:
Quote:
Each player knows a portion of the market demand each round and must make his purchasing and manufacturing decisions based on the information.

Wealth of Nations is a great suggestion.

Also, check out Bullfrog Goldfield. Stupid name, but really cool investing game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some older titles Antiquity, Roads & Boats, Puerto Rico......more recent Brass, Shipyard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Hong Kong
State of Mind
flag msg tools
badge
I don't even drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
John Rogers wrote:

I find myself leaning toward economic themes where commodity speculation is a key mechanic.

Planet Steam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will look into each of these and see if they scratch the itch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.