Subject: similarities with Levee en Masse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im wondering about this game, does it have a similar mechanic to Levee en Masse, ie a type of tower defence (I use the term lightly, I think it makes sense)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Scrumpy Jack! Love that handle ....
The game's are similar in the sense that they are both part of the States of Siege system and thus the idea remains that enemies travel down the tracks toward your central position, which you must defend or lose the game. And Event cards regulate what happens in the game. After that .... they are totally different (as you might expect).
You can, of course, check out the components and rules on the Victory Point Games website.
Thanks for your interest!
Hermann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DotZ is a much deeper game, with many more options and different strategies for the player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Hermann

Any plans to reprint the cards for the base game of DotZ? I see an expansion coming out and am wondering if there is going to be a stark difference between the components in quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Robert!
As far as I know, there are no plans to re-do just portions of any of the older games. They will, however, all eventually get a total "Gold" makeover. In the case of Zeds, the Gold Banner edition will not only have a total makeover - new artwork, laser cut counters, updated cards - but will also include the Walking Zeds supplement in the package. In an effort to make this a truly new and updated game, I've fixed some of the event and fate cards (for things that have been bugging me) and I've developed a new way to build the Event deck (inspired and overseen by Alan Emrich himself) that divides the game flow into "Acts" so the story progresses more logically, albeit still quite chaotically. It's a nice balance of narrative logic and chaos, if you can picture such a thing!
In any case, Zeds 2.0 will be as fresh and new a product as we can possibly make it without changing the feel and gameplay of the original.
Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK.

I like that idea.

But if one were to just purchase/need the expansion, would it be different? Thats where I was more or less headed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the expansion is going to be available separately. The new production system has changed some plans, that's for sure. As far as I know, there will not be any "old style" games or expansions made.
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.