Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, and a few more new cards to look at. I wish they'd tell us how these new Trace mechanics worked though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Images in Geekmod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone know what that 0 and symbol might mean in the top left?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Darksbane wrote:

Anyone know what that 0 and symbol might mean in the top left?

My guess is some type of faction symbol - like The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zero health... dies instantly... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least we know now that the stylized winking eye is the Anarchs, and the roboskull icon is the Criminals.

Also...Psychographics? ALL THE TAGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faction symbol is top right (best guess is Anarch). I'm talking about on the opposite side of the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Some thoughts:

Very interesting that one of the designs he toyed with for the original Netrunner sounds a lot like FFG's LOTR card game.

Do we know how Tracing has changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we have confirmation of a lumpy distribution...

Frequency Markings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
The Noise guy is awesome - potentially forcing them to commit defense to the archives (or whatever the discard pile is called) early in the game sounds like it could be very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Faction symbol is top right (best guess is Anarch). I'm talking about on the opposite side of the card

Wouldnt that be Eyenarch? goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
The Noise guy is awesome - potentially forcing them to commit defense to the archives (or whatever the discard pile is called) early in the game sounds like it could be very good.

I see an immediate issue with Noise beyond the above observation, especially if there are cards that allow the Runner to dumpster dive or recover trashed programs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:

le sigh...like the Corp has enough problems when it draws 5 Agendas as its opening hand, or all of its late-game ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

le sigh...like the Corp has enough problems when it draws 5 Agendas as its opening hand, or all of its late-game ICE.

Noise card is just beautiful, even if the artwork is more "cartoon" than before and the atmosphere less "heavy" "oppresive", i really like it.
For its effect, how do you find it ? i personnaly think that trash a card from R&D ( cascade effect) is a bit strong by just instaling a virus .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i like that the identities will make you pay more attention to certain aspects of gameplay without totally changing the game. Jinteki will clearly make the runner hold cards and be more cautious than normal, and the flavor of virus causing glitches that could lead to data leakage leading to agendas in the trash can really add another dimension to a normal gameplan. Things should get very interesting with a variety of identities to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Zero health... dies instantly... zombie

For some reason, I'm ok with that. His cigarette and black fingernails annoys me so much, I WANT him to die instantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
i like that the identities will make you pay more attention to certain aspects of gameplay without totally changing the game. Jinteki will clearly make the runner hold cards and be more cautious than normal, and the flavor of virus causing glitches that could lead to data leakage leading to agendas in the trash can really add another dimension to a normal gameplan. Things should get very interesting with a variety of identities to choose from.

it is true i forget the jinteki ability which quite strong too, maybe that all the faction will be balanced between them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Richard speaks about a limitation shortly after the release of Netrunner of 4 copies ...
with all the respect i have for him it is false , NR never had a such limitation ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aerol Bibat
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wormhole surfer wrote:
Richard speaks about a limitation shortly after the release of Netrunner of 4 copies ...
with all the respect i have for him it is false , NR never had a such limitation ...

I think he means that most of the early CCGs went to the 4 a card limit a few expansions after publication. I'm guessing that was the plan for Netrunner too - which got wrecked after it only had one expansion. I think the only CCG that successfully had an unlimited card limit was V:TES/Jyhad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aerolb wrote:
wormhole surfer wrote:

I think he means that most of the early CCGs went to the 4 a card limit a few expansions after publication. I'm guessing that was the plan for Netrunner too - which got wrecked after it only had one expansion. I think the only CCG that successfully had an unlimited card limit was V:TES/Jyhad.

i need to dig my very old stuff, i'm pretty shure that when he was interviwed at the release of Classic in 1999 he spoke of the unlimited format and the game had been design to that .
if a such limitation would had to be placed maybe it would have been shortly after the release, maybe one year after at the release of proteus ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wormhole surfer wrote:

Maybe the intent for organized play would have been to move to a 4x limit eventually like MtG did (which didn't have a 4 card restriction in original rulebook I think), but WotC support of the game ceased after Classic release before they made that switch? The metagame consisting of most decks running 10-15 copies of BodyWeight Synthetic Blood or Top Runners Conference or Drone for a Day etc with so little variety per deck wasnt really great for the longterm health of the competitive scene, imho.

Where did the 1:15 format come from originally? its pretty much identical to 3X per card in a 45 card deck as this seems to be. Is the 1:15 format popular with original NR veterans like yourself, Ludo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
wormhole surfer wrote:

Maybe the intent for organized play would have been to move to a 4x limit eventually like MtG did (which didn't have a 4 card restriction in original rulebook I think), but WotC support of the game ceased after Classic release before they made that switch? The metagame consisting of most decks running 10-15 copies of BodyWeight Synthetic Blood or Top Runners Conference or Drone for a Day etc with so little variety per deck wasnt really great for the longterm health of the competitive scene, imho.

Where did the 1:15 format come from originally? its pretty much identical to 3X per card in a 45 card deck as this seems to be. Is the 1:15 format popular with original NR veterans like yourself, Ludo?

the 1/15 format has been created by the french community and American players didn't like it a lot we were quite alone to play it.
We created it to let new player get involved in the game without spending a lot of money ( and yes in CCG it was A LOT)
But after 2002-2003 the no limit became again for all THE format because with no new cards the only way to make new decks was the unlimited format, and yes playing 10 synthetic blood is not very interesting in terms of building for the draw engine section of the deck but it has a huge avantage of giving us more space for the deck purpose

I find the french article of Richard Garfiled, it was for the magazine "black ops" in march 1999,
to sum up, richard said that he never heard of the 1/15 format and when he build decks it was with no limitation because it provides more strategy and deck flexibility ...
but it also said that better will become the players and maybe a limitation would be needed...that's true with a game with new expansion .
i have to admit that that's why since 2008, even if i like so much the unlimited format i ran all my tournament ( and even the WD) in 1/15 because we had open war and deep run to make wider strategy especially for draw and bit engine which is vital for a runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In fact we should not say that unlim is better or worst of 1/15 they are two diffent way of playing:
unlim is very calaculed, optimized, based on a kill around 3 to 10 cards and the rest of the deck is the engine.
i like this format because the decks always play the manner you build too and we tried a lot of time to pervet the game and find some crazy combo not always avalaible in 1/15 ...

for the 1/15 the deck building is harder and personnality more interesting to optimize the developpement

this are two format that's all to me no one is better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.