Stuart Platt
United Kingdom
Duston
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, I have no evidence for this besides circumstances - those being a $10k kick on one day during a campaign that is struggling, pledged by just 4 people-ish (so says kicktraq - http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/crashgames/legend-of-the-lo...)

So I would assume the designers or friends thereof have given the campaign a financial boost to get it funded. I don't think I have a huge problem with this as a tactic - after all, projects that are close coming in to the last week or so are MUCH more likely to fund by the people playing the Kickstarter game.

What does anyone else think? Should the designer be transparent about this sort of thing?

Of course, I could be wrong and they have just suddenly found some rich benefactor who loves the project...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
We received an update stating that Angel Backers came on board, but the update may have been backer-only.

I pledged, so I am glad to see the game get its chance. Angel backers are backers, too, in my opinion.

So, I have no issue with it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on this comment yesterday:

Quote:
We are in the most awesome state of shock EVER! Writing an update to share this awesome story with you all right now!!

There's presumably some sort of story coming up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is quite possible I don't understand how funding works on Kick Starter, but to me it seems irrelevant who contributes to a game, rather it be an angel backer or the designers themselves. What difference does it make?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post the same response here that I did in our Kickstarter Page.

"@Stuart - Please read our most recent update ( #11) and you'll read the very transparent reason behind the boost. We knew from the get go with The Lost Dutchman that we needed to raise a lot so we took several meetings with people that had the means to help the project in a bigger than normal way that wanted it to succeed. I can assure you that neither my business partner or I have anywhere near this kind of cash laying around. I'm unemployed with two mortgages and he's a bar tender with a baby on the way that he's emptying his savings account to pay for. At the end of the day we are just trying to make our dreams happen by exciting backers with a high quality product. Thank you for the interest as well as your support of The Lost Dutchman."

Furthermore I have an estranged relationship with my parents and haven't spoken with them in 10 years. It would be awesome if one of our folks did this but that is not the case. Michaels dad backed us for $180.

Hopefully this helps make things even more transparent.

FYI- All of our updates are intentionally abled to be viewed by anyone, not just backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Torr
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
Buy less, play more.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
. . . it seems irrelevant who contributes to a game, rather it be an angel backer or the designers themselves.

This is my view as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I’m a backer of a project, and for this one I am - what do I care where the money comes from? I backed the project to receive a copy of the game (or whatever), it looks good. That's the only thing I care about, otherwise I wouldn't have backed it. So hopefully it gets funded and if you’re not backing the project don’t worry about how it gets funded you didn’t want a copy in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.