Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1126 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [46] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Disconnected 11 - Experimental rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Things were going well in Medias until the woodsman returned. He galvanized the village and the Red Maw pack was broken. They fled to find new prey. Sebes was close and seemed full of promise for better hunting. A well needed source of recuperation and easy meals.

But news of Medias traveled faster than the pack. There was too much suspicion to meet openly and the wolves have lost each other. Still, the pack must feed or die. They can reunite later. It has been too long since the last meal.

Roles:

Brutal Wolf - May target a player who will be killed in the event that the Brutal Wolf is killed.
Werewolf Statesman - You may target a player. If that player is tied for lynch lead, your power will cause them to be the lynch target.
Mystic Werewolf - Each night starting N0 you may target a player for viewing. You will be informed whether that player is a wolf, seer, or non-seer good. If your target is a wolf, you may use a second view action and they will join you in wolf chat.


**The Brutal and Statesman wolves start the game without access to wolf chat. The Mystic Werewolf will be the only member to start in wolf chat and will control the night kill until other wolves are added to the chat. If the night kill targets a wolf, there will be no kill that night and that wolf will be added to the chat, but will lose their powers.**

Control of the Night kill will be by the highest surviving member of this list:

Any wolf in wolfchat
Brutal Werewolf
Werewolf Statesman


Seer - Beginning N0, may target a player and learn if they are a wolf
Martyr - May target a player for protection. If that player would die, the martyr dies instead.
Hunter - If alive with only 1 other player who is a wolf, good wins. May target a player who will be killed in the event that the Hunter is killed.
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager


One villager is an unknown tinker. The tinker will display as a wolf to the seer, and as a seer to the Mystic. The tinker villager will reveal as tinker upon death.

Lynch Times:

5:00 PM BGG Lynch
6:00 PM BGG Dawn (except D1)

The deadline for all votes is 4:59PM BGG. All votes after 4:59 will not be counted.

The deadline for night actions is 5:59PM BGG. All night actions after 5:59 will not be counted.

The game will not run on weekends or holidays.

Ties will be broken by the Werewolf Statesman's power or if not applicable, by RNG.

No Lynch is a vote option.

Behavior Expectations:

Play for your team to win and participate at least twice with game content every day the game runs.

Do not directly quote anything said to you in modchat or other private chats. Paraphrasing is acceptable.

Do not make any promises or transactions outside of the scope of the game in order to influence the game (ie. no wagers, out-of-game promises, out-of-game alliances, etc...).

Do not treat others with disrespect.

Do not use cyphers or codes. All communication is to be in English. Not everyone speaks English as a first language. Please be considerate with your communication to make understanding possible for all players.

Do not post immediately after Dusk or Dawn. When posting is allowed, it will be announced.

Do not communicate outside of this thread unless you have a Cassandra Project chat in which you can do so.

Do not speak if you are dead or replaced.

Have fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
bkarrigan
Carrillo
discoukulele
gdapkus
Gelatinous Goo
precis_neumann
Saraxsr
Sigafoos
thatfedoraguy
TommyDanger
wizcreations

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8278...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the village be told if a tie was decided by the Statesman or RNG? (I assume no)

How does a NK work until the pack is reunited?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
Will the village be told if a tie was decided by the Statesman or RNG? (I assume no)

How does a NK work until the pack is reunited?


The method of tiebreak that is used is not revealed to the village.

I forgot to add the NK stuff because of the separation. Thanks for reminding me.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your call to Cassandra cannot be completed as dialed. Please hang up and try your call again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
Will the village be told if a tie was decided by the Statesman or RNG? (I assume no)

How does a NK work until the pack is reunited?


The method of tiebreak that is used is not revealed to the village.

I forgot to add the NK stuff because of the separation. Thanks for reminding me.



Okay, followup: say the village lynches the Mystic D1. What happens to the NK then?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
Will the village be told if a tie was decided by the Statesman or RNG? (I assume no)

How does a NK work until the pack is reunited?


The method of tiebreak that is used is not revealed to the village.

I forgot to add the NK stuff because of the separation. Thanks for reminding me.



Okay, followup: say the village lynches the Mystic D1. What happens to the NK then?


Damn. That's an occurrence I had simply overlooked rather than neglecting to write down. Thanks for pointing it out, that would have made me scramble if it happened.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Catchy name
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy London
Australia
Dianella, Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Free cider juice remedied dim river duck.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Hunter - If alive with only 1 other player who is a wolf, good wins. May target a player who will be killed in the even the Brutal Wolf is killed.

I believe this should say "...in the event the Hunter is killed."?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy London
Australia
Dianella, Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Free cider juice remedied dim river duck.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scheduling conflict has caused lynch time to be moved back 2 hours. My apologies for anyone this inconveniences.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Scheduling conflict has caused lynch time to be moved back 2 hours. My apologies for anyone this inconveniences.


I should drop out, but I'd like to play so I'm going to stick around for a bit. As it gets closer to starting I'll see if I can still play or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy London
Australia
Dianella, Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Free cider juice remedied dim river duck.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be interesting to see how this game compares to The Lost Werewolves, which is also an 11 player game with 3 werewolves who start off not knowing each other's identity.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Scheduling conflict has caused lynch time to be moved back 2 hours. My apologies for anyone this inconveniences.


Just checking this one out and considering sign-up. Was Cassy updated to this?

Current time shows 5pm/6pm - are those the times before this change is in effect or are those the current times?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
Scheduling conflict has caused lynch time to be moved back 2 hours. My apologies for anyone this inconveniences.


Just checking this one out and considering sign-up. Was Cassy updated to this?

Current time shows 5pm/6pm - are those the times before this change is in effect or are those the current times?


Those have been updated. Originally it was set to be earlier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mezzomaniac wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how this game compares to The Lost Werewolves, which is also an 11 player game with 3 werewolves who start off not knowing each other's identity.


Oddly enough, I hadn't even seen that game when the concept for this one popped up. Quite similar. Damn you tcrud!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catwoman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I don't really have any experince with Experimentals but this sounds like a lot of fun!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can do this one too, but might need to be replaced if its not over (game or my life) by Gen Con...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
Avatar
mb
Is that 3 parity wolves in an 11er? With the brutal hunter, wolves could hit parity after D2. I guess this is mitigated by the fact that the disconnected wolves could accidentally kill or brutal each other.

Sounds good to me.

What is the timing on the WW Statesman? Is that an order due at Dusk, or is it a Night Order for the next day?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.


Question: If wolves target the Hunter and then the Hunter's target dies, wolves know he is the hunter but no one else does, now they have to somehow get him lynched without tipping off themselves as wolves. Is that correct?

The unknown wolves twist seems quite interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra.


Question: If wolves target the Hunter and then the Hunter's target dies, wolves know he is the hunter but no one else does, now they have to somehow get him lynched without tipping off themselves as wolves. Is that correct?

The unknown wolves twist seems quite interesting.


If the wolves target the hunter, the hunter AND the hunter's target dies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra.


Question: If wolves target the Hunter and then the Hunter's target dies, wolves know he is the hunter but no one else does, now they have to somehow get him lynched without tipping off themselves as wolves. Is that correct?

The unknown wolves twist seems quite interesting.


If the wolves target the hunter, the hunter AND the hunter's target dies.

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification! I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works on BGG. I've only played 2 games in real life (wolves, seer, villagers only) and I am just now in my first game through Cassandra. I still have much to learn!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra.


Question: If wolves target the Hunter and then the Hunter's target dies, wolves know he is the hunter but no one else does, now they have to somehow get him lynched without tipping off themselves as wolves. Is that correct?

The unknown wolves twist seems quite interesting.


If the wolves target the hunter, the hunter AND the hunter's target dies.

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification! I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works on BGG. I've only played 2 games in real life (wolves, seer, villagers only) and I am just now in my first game through Cassandra. I still have much to learn!


I'm glad you're jumping in! Now you just need to sign up for a three team no reveal game with conversion possibilities. (this is a bad idea)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Is that 3 parity wolves in an 11er? With the brutal hunter, wolves could hit parity after D2. I guess this is mitigated by the fact that the disconnected wolves could accidentally kill or brutal each other.

Sounds good to me.

What is the timing on the WW Statesman? Is that an order due at Dusk, or is it a Night Order for the next day?


Effectively, the statesman can secretly add .5 votes on their target. This is due at Dusk. Their target does not need to be the person they're voting for.

Wolves are incapable of causing death to another wolf through Night Kill, but it is entirely possible that the brutal wolf could kill another wolf with his/her brutal power.

A wolf that is targeted for Night Kill is added to wolf chat. That night phase no player will be killed.

The parity problem could come up. That's why this is experimental.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
I'm glad you're jumping in! Now you just need to sign up for a three team no reveal game with conversion possibilities. (this is a bad idea)

I have no idea what you just said.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [46] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.