spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hullo!

Just wondering if this changed from the original or not, and want to clarify.

Can helicopters and bombers move into a declared empty territory during Invasion move? I know if bombers were using their Bombing ability, they can't, but can ones adjacent?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helicopters can do this, provided they did not use the scouting ability. Other than this a Helicopter is just another unit.

Bombers can also do this, provided they bring along other forces. Bombers on their own cannot claim a territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, as I thought.

What about bombers that performed an overhead bombing run? Can they land there immediately, as long as another type of unit comes in also?

I'm guessing, 'Yes'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What about bombers that performed an overhead bombing run? Can they land there immediately, as long as another type of unit comes in also?

I'm guessing, 'Yes'.

You guessed right. They can land there, but you need at least one other type of unit to claim the territory. That means you cannot use Bombers to take territory behind the front lines, allowing the US player to leave area's behind the front lines empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
msg tools
Except that Bombers no matter their type of attack CAN land in a forward territory scouted by helos--an annoying and effective first turn invader tactic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Beaver
United States
North Fork
California
flag msg tools
mb
jackman50 wrote:
Except that Bombers no matter their type of attack CAN land in a forward territory scouted by helos--an annoying and effective first turn invader tactic.
Sorry if this is a stupid counter to this...how is this possible?

Scouting helos would move during the Maneuvers phase; Bombers would do their 2nd move during the Invasion phase...that occurs BEFORE the Capture Territories phase...which means, the scouting helo during Invasion has not captured said territory for "your bombers" to land in...?

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Milster
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bombers are allowed to land in territories that will be captured that turn by another type of unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.