Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Bass
United States
Groton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player lays claim to a site, can another player (with or without permission) land at that site and refuel using their own ISRU capabilities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes you can ..but refuel is allowable only with permission... PRC ability trumps this of course ..So , if the owning player says no make a deal with the PRC to use there ability then refuel... I am just learning the game as well but thats my humble opinion..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the PRC can do this without permission (it is considered felonious) at any time.

However in the Advanced game, if the political marker is in Anarchy or War, all other nations can commit felonious actions. So depending on the political situation other powers could claim jump, steal water etc.

You can refuel at someone's claim via ISRU refueling, however if you steal water from someone's factory OR outpost that is considered felenious (and could be restricted by the current political situation unless you are the PRC).

EDIT: Correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing so without permission is a felonious action and may only be done by the PRC, or during time of war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you guys are talking about refueling at a factory whereas the OP asked about ISRU refueling.

I think the existance of an opponent's claim (or factory) does not affect the ability to ISRU refuel. I know for sure that a black claim disk doesn't affect it, so I think an opponent's claim disk similarly has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
I think you guys are talking about refueling at a factory whereas the OP asked about ISRU refueling.

I think the existance of an opponent's claim (or factory) does not affect the ability to ISRU refuel. I know for sure that a black claim disk doesn't affect it, so I think an opponent's claim disk similarly has no effect.

Yep, after double checking the rules it looks like you are right. Sorry about that. Do not want to lead anyone astray.

Quote:
A. ISRU REFUEL. If you have a crew or robonaut at a site, gain a number of
tanks of fuel equal to one plus the site’s hydration (number of drops ),
minus your ISRU rating (2.5E). Sites never run out of water.
B. FACTORY REFUEL. A rocket at a factory site may add as many tanks as it can hold (up to 8 tanks). No ISRU unit is needed. Factories never run out of water.
Example: An unfueled rocket with an ISRU of 3 sits
on Mercury (hydration = 3). If it performs an ISRU
refuel, it gains 1 + 3 - 3 = 1 fuel tank. If it performs
a factory refuel, it gains up to 8 tanks.

C. WATER THEFT. It is felonious (2.3B) to refuel from the
factory or outpost of another player without permission.

Only Water theft from a factory or outpost is mentioned. I will edit my earlier post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so my statement is incorrect ? as to the prc allowing you to refuel by granting its ability ? and I guess refueling at a sight even a claimed sight is ok as long as its isru refuel ? ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even size 1 bodies are pretty big: you can ISRU refuel on them without trespassing on a mineral claim, it seems. Not felonious, so anyone can do it.

Refueling at a factory, or taking water tanks someone left out, is trespassing. So it is felonious. The PRC can always perform felonious actions. If the political situation is Anarchy or War, anyone can perform felonious actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.