Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain America's "Call For Backup" (Cost 1 Power) states the following:

"Reveal the top card of your deck. If it has two characters, this card is attack +5"

My question is, does this mean 2 hero face symbols on the card, or the artwork depicts 2 characters on it?

I turned over "Combined Arms Fire" which (artwork) depicts Iron Man and Nick Fury, but the cards hero face symbol is just Iron Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bishop
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I'd lean toward it requiring two hero face symbols. But I'm just some guy on the internet. (Son and I just discovered this game and we're loving it!)

Wonder if someone w/ more authority can chime in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my daughter and I love the game as well. Only a few things we weren't quite sure about. I think out of 3 starters and 7 boosters (10 boosters including the ones from starters) only have 1 or 2 cards with 2 hero face symbols on it. Makes that ability almost never used, whereas seems like maybe 25 % chance of pulling a card with dual-character artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I haven't spent much time with the online game yet but figured the answer may lie there. Very much appreciated, the card has become much more useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Shaikewitz
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
b a n j o wrote:
In the online game, the +5 is determined by the picture on the revealed card.

Well that's good because right now it seems only the rare cards have more than one character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I can confirm that Call for Backup depends on the number of characters listed on the hero name line of the card you revealed. A card with two characters says both characters' names on the hero name line, like "Black Widow & Emma Frost." Those cards also have two hero face icons, one for each hero. So Call for Backup works best with multi-color Team-Up cards that have two characters.

Other cards that count the number of characters you reveal from your hand also work off of the characters listed in hero name line (also represented by the hero face icons).

If it depended on the artwork, there would be a lot of arguments over how many characters were shown in some of the art pieces! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Marvel Super Hero Squad Online version of the card game works the same way. (www.heroup.com)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a shame, really, because I haven't found but maybe 4 multi-hero/team up cards total, and my daughter and I have bought all of the starters (minus the 2 player, which we can't find) and a TON of boosters. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.