Subject: [POLL] What parts of the expansion do you play with? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Road to Victory appears to be an unanimous success. How about everything else?

Poll
Which parts of the expansion do you like to play with?
New cities
Lost City (tile 12)
Commanders
New units
Development cards
      62 answers
Poll created by selwyth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for everything but Commanders. I wasn't sure how to vote for that, we use them about half the time. The rest we have used pretty much every game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use all except generals. Have not found them usefull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
I've paid for it all, so why not include 'em.. I include everything every time, expect for the Lost City, which still probably gets played more often than not (as an extra tile). It's awesome, but you kinda wanna mix up the map once in a while.

I can see dropping the commanders, as they require a bit more setup & play time and sometimes don't make a big difference.. but when they do, they're nice to have because I like having something that can be used to change the outcome of a battle and the commanders make for great duel targets.

Developments require no extra time and are pretty balanced so I see no reason why you wouldn't use them..

The new cities are fantastic, makes the base game ones obsolete.. a rune city or two on the map is a must.

I am surprised someone didn't vote for the units..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkard wrote:
I've paid for it all, so why not include 'em.. I include everything every time, expect for the Lost City, which still probably gets played more often than not (as an extra tile). It's awesome, but you kinda wanna mix up the map once in a while.

I can see dropping the commanders, as they require a bit more setup & play time and sometimes don't make a big difference.. but when they do, they're nice to have because I like having something that can be used to change the outcome of a battle and the commanders make for great duel targets.

Developments require no extra time and are pretty balanced so I see no reason why you wouldn't use them..

The new cities are fantastic, makes the base game ones obsolete.. a rune city or two on the map is a must.

I am surprised someone didn't vote for the units..

I do sometimes house rule - to upgrade normal city to Advance one
What kind of House rule should we use for generals to make them more interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
mbmbmbmbmb
I like everything except the new cities. Shifts the power balance too far IMO.

The variant referenced in Rise of the Free Cities & Acquire Power - A simple variant by Scott & Frank that uses the Acquire Power to upgrade a city I find quite interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkard wrote:
I am surprised someone didn't vote for the units.. :what:

I did vote for it, but I'm considering dropping them when teaching newbies. Don't feel like they add much to the table in terms of interesting abilities, since the base 4 already flesh out the races pretty well, to be worth the overhead of newbies learning 2 extra units and development cards. I rarely use the new units too, except two that are so good they can't be ignored (Roc, Great Wyrm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.