- Erich SchneiderUnited States
After playing the Mage Knight boardgame, and thinking about one of the common downtime complaints of Runebound - having to wait to roll the movement dice - I decided to make a PDF with cards that replicate the movement dice. I printed out 5 copies (thus, 90 cards total) and sleeved them with unused CCG cards I had lying around.
I've played two games with my wife using them (the only two games of RB she's ever played) with the following rules:
- At the start of the game, and at the end of your turn after leveling up, discard any movement cards you may have and draw the number of cards you are entitled to (5 if unwounded and unfatigued, 4 otherwise).
- Play appropriate cards to move through appropriate hexes.
- You can discard a card to discard an exhaustion token (a la the Mists of Zanaga modification to movement).
- You can discard your whole "hand" to move one hex (no resting with this option).
- If someone is thinking of using one of the movement-affecting cards against you (e.g. Sky Full of Wasps) they may demand to see your hand before you move (neither of us has chosen to use these cards in our two games, though, so this is not well tested).
- Reshuffle the deck when it gets low.
The major reason for this is so that people can look at their movement cards during other players' turns to plan where they're going to go, to reduce downtime. A minor reason is if one finds dealing with the little icons a pain.
I've uploaded the PDF to the files section.
- [+] Dice rolls
- Jamie Vantries(Burnham)United States
- Are you aware that FFG sells extra sets of Runebound movement dice?
- [+] Dice rolls