Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few things came up during our session last night that I'm wondering about.

1. When moving onto a tile that already contains a monster, will that create a forced combat action like when drawing encounters? What I mean is, do you get to fight the monster twice (moving in, fight, then fight again) or only once (moving in, then fight). Likewise, when a monster roams onto your tile, will that instigate a combat situation straight away or do you wait until your next turn to either fight the monster or evade it?

2. Does using abilities count as one action, especially when using special actions? For example, last night I had the Burn ability. Can I use that once per action or does it count as a whole action to use it? If the latter, I'm assuming I can burn a monster or hero twice on my turn using my two actions. If the former (like we played it, althought it felt wrong) I can burn the monster, then fight it, then burn it again and fight for a second time on my last action. Also, throwing a treasure down the well counts as a special action too, but does it count as one of your two actions or it is a third free action that you can do on your turn?

3. This might be in the rules, but do strangers roam? I am assuming no.

4. When the owner of the Summoning Stone summons a monster, he or she draws an encounter card. What if this card is a trap? Is it still played or is it discarded and a new encounter card is drawn until a monster appears?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. A Free Attack is not initiated if the tile already has a monster, so you cannot move and attack twice. Nor is a Free Attack initiated when a monster roams onto your tile (but you now will either have to attack it or escape on your next turn).

2. Burn does count as one of your actions. "Special" actions are the rules way of giving new action options that are only available to certain players under certain cirumstances (e.g. having a special action ability or being on the Well tile).

3. Strangers do not roam. They will be killed/discarded if a Monster roams onto their tile.

4. When placing Monsters with the Summoning Stone, draw until you reveal a Monster. Traps and Strangers are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your reply! Your answers are as I suspected the rules to be, but in some cases we played it differently eventhough it felt wrong at the time. It will be corrected the next time we play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.