Subject: using the well for a market day action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
just a question i would like to clarify or ask the opinion of the others here in BGG

played this game bout 2 hours back, and one friend used the well action to trigger the "market day" action cos it was already done once this round

my question is

1) does the market day proceed as normal ? will all players having a shot to sell to the customers after the player who activated it gets his/her free shot ? or is it a one off for the activating player ?

- my gut feeling is to play as normal

2) because this is done within the same round as when the first market day action was taken, does the market get refilled to the required number ( 5 for a 4 player game ) ? or does it stick to what was left after the first market day ? i'm not entirely certain if the customers in waiting are pushed up immediately after the market day action or after the round.

- we played it as immediately refreshed

thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct and you played well.

Whenever the market action has been triggered, you refill the client cue immediately once all players have passed.

If one player triggers the market action by using the well, you play it exactly the same way as if it had been triggered by taking the influence cube. All players get to sell after the one who triggered it had his free sell action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi from memory as we've just traded our copy but:

1) You play it as if it was a normal market day, ie the triggering player gets free first time go, then round the table with others paying the relevant cube/time cost to buy
2) at the end of the first market day you then shove cards up and replenish spaces, so when it's (if it's) triggered via the well, you can play 'as normal'

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, our posts crossed in time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
thanks Pedro and Damon !

glad to know that we played it correctly

thanks for your prompt replies !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
mrwendal wrote:
Sorry, our posts crossed in time!

You must now spend 3 time and lose a meeple devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're going in the bag, with that attitude!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Aucunas
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Test
We do not do multiple market days during one game turn. The reason why, a careful examination of the well action picture on the board. The well action on the board only shows six of the seven colored action spaces none of them is the blue colored market action. I know the rule book kind of says differently but because of the board's well picture I believe the rule book to have an error in translation or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briankaucunas wrote:
We do not do multiple market days during one game turn. The reason why, a careful examination of the well action picture on the board. The well action on the board only shows six of the seven colored action spaces none of them is the blue colored market action. I know the rule book kind of says differently but because of the board's well picture I believe the rule book to have an error in translation or something.

Interesting if the designer could comment on this observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I dn't have my copy with me, but on page 9 of the German rules, not only does it say you may take any action, also, the image of the well shows the blue coloured circle of the market...

You sure the board doesn't have it?

Here's an image from the geek:

You can see the market blue there....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All is Well
briankaucunas wrote:
We do not do multiple market days during one game turn. The reason why, a careful examination of the well action picture on the board. The well action on the board only shows six of the seven colored action spaces none of them is the blue colored market action.

Harvest and Family share a colour, so there are only 6. (The rules show purple as their colour, rather than the more pink tone of my copy of the board.) Blue is present on my board, but again the board blue is pale, compared to the colour shown in the rules.

NB. There is a very small chance you are blue/purple colour-blind, a condition so much rarer than red/green that when detected in a gaming friend of mine his optician had to go look it up before he could make a diagnosis from the tests!

The Well rule reads:

'Instead of taking a cube from an action case you
may return 3 same-coloured influence cubes from
your farmyard to the supply (but not plague cubes).
For this, you may carry out any one of the
previously listed actions.'

Coins are jokers and may be substituted for cubes, although you are using up 1vp for each one spent.

Market is of course listed in the previous actions. If the designer* wanted an exception the rules would be structured differently, or a definate exception would be noted.

*The exception to this general rule is Martin Wallace, where frankly, you're on your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.