Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
it says 8x7 Cards

so i am assuming that the 7 monsters are the base game of 6 plus the Giant Awesome Panda ?

no love for the bear ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly hope so.
If they do release the cards for the Bear it will probably be another promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
LordHellfury wrote:
TriColoredTiger wrote:

This.
Why would they release cards to play a promotional character? It makes no sense to expect it.

i do agree with you, it would be strange to receive the special powers for a promo character when the promo character is not in the base or expansion box

well, on the other hand, i dont see why they couldnt do that to make their fans happy by including it. cos selling it by itself ( the cards ) will also cause the same problem. what if people could buy the cards but not the promo character ? or vice versa ?

the difference for KoT is that, the cards are the thing that gives the game the flavor. so if they included the cards for Brockenbar Bear, those without the promo character can still use them using another character's stand up and health card. afterall, the health and victory point cards are basically the same. one picture with 2 dials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
LordHellfury wrote:
Jion wrote:
LordHellfury wrote:
TriColoredTiger wrote:

This.
Why would they release cards to play a promotional character? It makes no sense to expect it.

i do agree with you, it would be strange to receive the special powers for a promo character when the promo character is not in the base or expansion box

well, on the other hand, i dont see why they couldnt do that to make their fans happy by including it.

I would be pissed if they did include it. Then that not only means that I was charged more for something that did not come in the base game, but now I have to go out and chase one down in order to actually use the cards that come in the expansion for it.

I am sure the amount of people who do not own the promo FAR outweigh those that do. So who should Iello cater to again?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hint: it isn't the brokenbar owners.

well, to each his own i guess

i dont see why someone should be pissed with the additional cards because as i mentioned earlier - but you chose not to quote - the cards will be usable with all the other characters anyway, as all the character health trackers are basically the same, only different cosmetic wise.

i would rather more flavor with more powers than chalk it down to me having to find one just to match it cos of my lack of imagination or willingness to forgo cosmetic differences.

but thats just me.

anyway i dont expect them to cater to me, thats just silly. it would be nice to have it thats all. if not then so be it. heck, if they gave more special powers that arent even tagged to a character that would be even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason William
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Power Up did come with special powers for Brockenbar, how is that any different than Coloretto having the extra cards to play Knatsch. I wasn't upset when I purchased Coloretto that it came with cards for a game that I didn't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
Someone had posted on another KoT thread that the bear could have a reroll of a die as his special ability. Not quite as much fun as character-specific cards, but I'm sure house rules could be created...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just use any of the special powers from the expansion with the "Bear".

They released a special character and a set of power cards that you could only find as promos. It would be reasonable and keeping with their histoy to have them release the few "powerup cards" as another promo. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sweetser
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
While pandas are not technically bears, I see no problem using the panda's powers for Brokenbar. There's only the stands for six characters, anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
molluskscape wrote:
While pandas are not technically bears, I see no problem using the panda's powers for Brokenbar. There's only the stands for six characters, anyway!

That will do in a pinch.

I hope he gets his own dice-manipulation-themed powers though. He is rolling around those big dice (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, the Brokenbär is not an Iello promo but the one made by the German publisher and I also think he really looks like out of theme. So I'm pretty sure Iello won't support it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
So I'm pretty sure Iello won't support it.

I hope not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're talking about 8 cards to be sold as a promo. Where is the problem?

I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with the company supporting a promo that fans of the game bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my podcast at www.thepartygamecast.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus since it is all cosmetic, why not just use the Brockenbear as an alternate costume for the Panda? I mean I would also love "smash with a giant die" but I think the Panda will be close enough to be amusing if you must use the Brockenbear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:

no love for the bear ?

I guess they didn't want to risk making Brockenbar a broken bear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JorduSpeaks wrote:
Jion wrote:

no love for the bear ?

They made new power cards that were sold as a promo without a problem.
I still don't see a reason why they couldn't make a couple more cards for a promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
TriColoredTiger wrote:
They made new power cards that were sold as a promo without a problem.
I still don't see a reason why they couldn't make a couple more cards for a promo.

Because those were official promos made by Iello, the main publisher. The Brockenbär is a promo made by Heidelbärger, the German publisher. So if anyone would make a promo, that would be Heidelbärger.

The only problem here is that something like this had to come from Richard Garfield and I don't see why he would be interested in that. I'm not sure he was consulted regarding the Brockenbär in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JorduSpeaks wrote:
Jion wrote:

no love for the bear ?

i saw what you did there, very nice. also ITS SUPER EASY to get teh promo its 5 bucks in the geek store and personally im all for more cards in a game if the choice is between more or less. i would love to see a promo expansion, that is hopefully also available in the geek store for 5 bucks, for brocken bear. but if not i think the panda rule with brocken bear would work fine. Of couse that means you cant play them both at teh same time but then 2 giant bears woudl be unbearable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
If no special powers for Brockenbar Bear, how about starting him with 12 health and 2 glory points? Or 4 power cubes? Or some other simple bonus that could be done without character cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
molluskscape wrote:

Pandas ARE technically bears, as confirmed by molecular studies. They are of the order Carnivora, family Ursidae, just like "regular" bears.

It's interesting that although they have some adaptations for their almost-exclusively-bamboo diet, they still have the digestive system of a carnivore like their meat-scoffing cousins. Essentially they aren't actually all that good at being vegetarian.

Biology lecture over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they don't make something, we're going to have to find a way to mod him up to snuff, because that's my wife's character, and I doubt she'd play without him.

What can I say? She loves her some BEARS!

I'm all for hearing different ideas to make the game somewhat even without the power up cards. Perhaps all energy costs for purchasing main deck cards goes down by one in addition to the 12 life and such? I'd have to playtest to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
If they don't make something, we're going to have to find a way to mod him up to snuff, because that's my wife's character, and I doubt she'd play without him.

What can I say? She loves her some BEARS!

I'm all for hearing different ideas to make the game somewhat even without the power up cards. Perhaps all energy costs for purchasing main deck cards goes down by one in addition to the 12 life and such? I'd have to playtest to see.

You could also just give her a random, unused power set. That way she'd get to play with the power cards, too.

I kind of like the idea of Brokenbear getting an unused set of cards. It kind of makes him like those chameleon characters in fighting video games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe some creative geeks could make a set of powers for the characyer, Print & Play style.

I'd be all for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason William wrote:
If Power Up did come with special powers for Brockenbar, how is that any different than Coloretto having the extra cards to play Knatsch. I wasn't upset when I purchased Coloretto that it came with cards for a game that I didn't have.

Also the same as Carcassonne having just one gray meeple in every expansion that came out after the set that included the sixth player. What if a person didn't buy that set and is now wondering why they have an extra piece.

Regardless I would gladly pay bgg store for the promo cards. Maybe they can work with who ever sent the bear over and ask for more bears and cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Don´t know how to "draw" in a nice way but it can be something like this

Why invader? Becouse there are already 2 robots, 2 invaders and 3 mutants, like this will be 2,3,3

Temporal evolutions
1) Editor´s choice: Discard this evolution. Target player must spend 2 more energy to buy one card.
2) Box with air: Discard this evolution. Choose two dices from target player. You reroll once those dices.
3) Not a Character: Discard this evolution. Do 1 damage to all others players.
4) Mysterious Character: Discard this evolution. Switch table place with other player for the rest of the game.

Permanent evolutions:
5) Dice power: When attacking Tokyo do 1 extra damage
6) Boat Missile: Spend 2 energy to reroll 1, and only one, dice
7) Cheater style: You can choose 1 dice result before throw dices
8) I´m German: When you get 1,2,3 you gain two victory points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vesion 2.0 - All Cards

Also i found the "Bello font family" wich is not the same font but..

Download this 8 cards in HD https://www.box.com/s/wdxy7wpzcjdmrfa3l7xv
note: the images have a mistaker between "dice/die". It´s solved on the file to download.

Corel draw file with all cards is here https://www.box.com/s/uur0tvh6jc792qdt24rf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.