Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I am looking for a play by forum game of CitoW.
Anyone interested and willing to host?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be willing to host and play another online game if two more dedicated players show up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can play by mail through my site. So not on the board here. I'd expect you to answer your mail and do your moves at least once a day on a regular basis. Better twice or even thrice. Of course there are exceptions. Everybody is busy now and then, but on a regular basis. You should also have played the game a couple of times before so that you are familiar with the rules and some basic tactics.

Just so we have a common denominator. Because this ensures games run smoothly for all playing. If you can cope with that, send me your email address by PM. Assuming you're both taking part, there is one more place available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
I might be willing to host and play another online game if two more dedicated players show up

I am fairly dedicated, as you know

And I think I can handle another game. But I totally understand if you would rather have a new player.

Something that will probably also affect your decision is that I will be without Internet from Wednesday noon until Friday evening this week, so maybe it is best to consider me a backup player in case no one else shows up until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to pass on this one then because I am fairly new to the game. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your honest feedback. So, lets delay this. I'll be busy the next days as well. Maybe someone else shows up, maybe not.

@David: Even if this doesnt start a new group, I'll keep you in mind as a substitute if someone wants to drop out from playing. I'll contact you again in that case to see if you are still interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be in but what you mean "through my site"? You have some kind of online module or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Palladinus wrote:
I could be in but what you mean "through my site"? You have some kind of online module or something?

Just something to help visualize what's going on and handle dice rolling. It works well. Trust me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdiabolo wrote:
I will have to pass on this one then because I am fairly new to the game. soblue

Well, I have played the game now quite a few games (and won a few) and think I am ready for a PBF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite busy right now. On the other hand I'll not get to host my weekly gaming night for a while. So another PBEM might be the way to get some gaming going as I surely have some time in between to do a move in an online game.

Assuming David is still interested and Gert plays a simultaneous game as well, I still need someone elses email address to get going.

CITOW is driven by dice and some random elements quite a bit. It is still also some tactics and strategy. I hope it works out to mix very skilled and experienced players such as Gert with new players, without wasting anyones time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:

CITOW is driven by dice and some random elements quite a bit. It is still also some tactics and strategy. I hope it works out to mix very skilled and experienced players such as Gert with new players, without wasting anyones time.

I hope you dont have to worry about this issue. I might call myself quite a good strategic player and as far as I can see, I got quite some experience now in CitoW and developed some tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdiabolo wrote:
Umbratus wrote:

I hope you dont have to worry about this issue. I might call myself quite a good strategic player and as far as I can see, I got quite some experience now in CitoW and developed some tactics.

Quick question: Do you feel Khorne is overpowered?

If your answer to that is "no" then I think you'll be fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Khorne only won in our first game, but after this he never won again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine. Still, no mail, no game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Goh
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me direct you to the Critical Failures subforum of the Penny Arcade forums where you will find plenty of CitOW PBF action!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/critical-failures

Just look out for the posts with the [Chaos] tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.