GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,471 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lucky Healers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran our first game last night, as my many rules questions may attest. The PCs were the Paladin, the Druid, and the Demonkin Rouge. One of the nastier combos I endured as the Consul was when the Druid used his potion to give the team healer, and the Rogue then used Lucky to supply two potions on rolling a heart.

Well, after a good sleep I read the cards, and I noticed that both Lucky and Healer trigger on "rolling a heart". Based on that, It looks to me like an either/or scenario - gain two hearts OR a potion, but not two potions.

Sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
I think you reach the right conclusion here, but your explanation seems a bit off. I don't have the card text in front of me, but as I recall, the Healer allows you to heal two wounds from one heart. It does not turn one heart into two (that's where I think the language in your explanation slips). If you could "treat one heart like two hearts" then I think you could combine Lucky and Healer in the way that Hero players did. But as it actually works, Healer augments the effect of a (single) heart result and Lucky transposes the effect of any heart result.

So if you have Healer and Lucky, and you roll one heart, you can choose:
1. Use the heart result to heal two wounds; or
2. Use the heart result as though it were a potion result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately, my cards are on-hand.

Healer: When a model with Healer rolls a Heart on an attack roll they gain two Hearts instead of one if they successfully inflict a wound.

Luck: A model with Luck may gain a Potion instead of a Heart when rolled on the dice and vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Shawn_Kehoe wrote:

Healer: When a model with Healer rolls a Heart on an attack roll they gain two Hearts instead of one if they successfully inflict a wound.

Luck: A model with Luck may gain a Potion instead of a Heart when rolled on the dice and vice versa.

Actually, I would take that to mean that rolling a single Heart with Healer and Luck could produce two Potions

I know both abilities mention rolling the dice but I still think Healer converts a Heart roll to two Hearts and Luck allows a Heart to be converted to a Potion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Shawn_Kehoe wrote:

Actually, I would take that to mean that rolling a single Heart with Healer and Luck could produce two Potions

I know both abilities mention rolling the dice but I still think Healer converts a Heart roll to two Hearts and Luck allows a Heart to be converted to a Potion.

I agree, that does seem to be what would happen here. Looks like a pretty good combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It WAS pretty tough, but it does requires a Potion to trigger, at least using the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hohkala
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, scratch my previous question.

Just making some clarifications to myself now.

case 1: Rogue rolling a heart may switch it to potion and so any party member can get it. Healer doubles the amount. Correct?

case 2: rogue picks up a heart after some other party member rolled it in attack. Can the rogue change the heart to potion for her own use. Correct/false? Quite likely once assigned token (heart/potion) cannot be assigned again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
twibs wrote:
case 1: Rogue rolling a heart may switch it to potion and so any party member can get it.

Correct, any Hero may receive the Potion
twibs wrote:
Healer doubles the amount. Correct?

I'm not sure the context you are asking this in. Do you mean if Rogue has Healer as well? If she has Healer then the single Heart rolled turns to two Hearts and then Luck can change either or both to Potions.
twibs wrote:
case 2: rogue picks up a heart after some other party member rolled it in attack. Can the rogue change the heart to potion for her own use. Correct/false? Quite likely once assigned token (heart/potion) cannot be assigned again.

No. For Rogue to change a Heart to Potion then Rogue herself must have rolled the Heart (and likewise with Potions to Hearts).

When a Hero player rolls a Heart, that allows any Hero player to remove a wound token from their Hero's card. Removing a wound is not what Healer does, Healer doubles the Hearts rolled. Luck doesn't change "remove a wound" to a Potion, it changes a Heart to a Potion (or Potion to a Heart).

At least, that's how I'm playing it. I can see that it could be interpreted differently, especially the way the rules are written on page 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J F
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all the hearts/potions from a single roll assigned to the same character, or can you divvy them up between more than one character? Eg, if a Healer rolls a heart, can they give one heart each to two other characters?

Any player can take the potions, but most characters have a limit of being able to carry only one potion. So if a lucky healer rolled a heart, then I presume you could give one potion each to two different other characters? Or remove a heart from one character, and give a potion to another?

- Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
HunterZer0 wrote:
Are all the hearts/potions from a single roll assigned to the same character, or can you divvy them up between more than one character? Eg, if a Healer rolls a heart, can they give one heart each to two other characters?

Any player can take the potions, but most characters have a limit of being able to carry only one potion. So if a lucky healer rolled a heart, then I presume you could give one potion each to two different other characters? Or remove a heart from one character, and give a potion to another?

My understanding is that the Hearts and Potions can be distributed as you wish, So a Healer can give two Heroes one Heart each.

Same with a Lucky Healer, they can give one Hero a Potion and another Hero a Heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.