Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about shuffling cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uzu Uzu
Poland
flag msg tools
Hello,

I have recently bought Arkham Horror and Dunwich Horror. I am not sure however when do we shuffle cards. The instruction says, that we should only shuffle the deck when the card says so (except for the location cards), but what about the card from the Inner Sanctum, stating: "Carl Sanford places a powerful spell of protection on you. If you are Cursed, discard the Curse card. If you are not Cursed, you may search the Mythos deck for any two cards of your choice and return them to the box." After I do so do I shuffle the deck or is it another perk of this card, that I know what will happen next? Similarly with cards, when I have to look for some specific rare/common card or spell.

Thanks in advance for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
you reshuffle after searching through a deck for any specific cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uzu Uzu
Poland
flag msg tools
Thanks for quick answer. Maybe one more - does the limits of opened gates at once change with adding Dunwich Horror or are they still the same? Because after playing only AH and adding DH now i have some troubles with closing gates fast enough so the ancient one doesn't wake up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
having only one expansion board officially does not increase any of the monster limits or gate limits (using both innsmouth and dunwich does change this).
Personally, I think its makes the expansion boards harder than intended in this regard, and its so much easier to lose because of doom counters and number of gates open (each board already has enough added difficulty with the dunwich horror, innsmouth counters, look, and martial law, and kingsport rifts), but the rules are the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Uzu_ wrote:
Thanks for quick answer. Maybe one more - does the limits of opened gates at once change with adding Dunwich Horror or are they still the same? Because after playing only AH and adding DH now i have some troubles with closing gates fast enough so the ancient one doesn't wake up.

Number of open gates in Dunwich (or any other expansion board) counts for the awakening.

Luckily, monsters on Dunwich do not count for the outskirts/terror track limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
oh yeah, my mistake, there is a complicated system for monsters, where the monsters on expansion board dont count toward monster limit... i forget what happens to the monsters in the sky, but if any monsters move to arkham, then they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mateooo wrote:
oh yeah, my mistake, there is a complicated system for monsters, where the monsters on expansion board dont count toward monster limit... i forget what happens to the monsters in the sky, but if any monsters move to arkham, then they do.

Monsters on the Dunwich board do not count against the monster limit.
Monsters in the sky do count.

If a Flying monster moves from the sky to the expansion board streets, it frees up space for the monster limit.

If a Flying monster moves from Dunwich to the sky, and the monster limit has already been reached, the monster instead goes to the outskirts.

It's not really complicated, but somehow FFG manages to make it seem that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.