Subject: Voting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Rylander
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I was reading the rules and I'm a little confused on votes. The rulebook says in 5/9:

Quote:
The motions are voted on one at a time in the order they were turned up.

In any one vote, Barons must either cast all their votes or abstain.

Let's say I am attending assembly, have 200 crowns and control 2 cities, so I have 5 votes. I decide not to abstain and instead vote on the first motion. Is only one of the following, none or both correct?

1) I have to cast all five votes on the first motion. I can't use only two or something.

2) Because I've used my five votes already, I can't vote on the other three motions?

I'm mostly curious about the second one. Am I limited to those five votes the whole phase or can I throw my full five votes behind each of the four motions for that turn? Do they get "used up?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Rylander
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I only have the Games Workshop version, though I haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet. I was trying to wade through the rules.

So basically, if there are four motions, I'm only going to actually be able to vote on one and will have to abstain on the rest then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Levinski
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The lands around my dwelling are more beautiful from the day when it is given to me to see faces I have never seen before. All is more beautiful, all is more beautiful and life is thankfulness. These guests of mine make my house grand.
mbmbmbmbmb
You either cast all or none of your votes for each motion...the only way to beat the player with the most votes is through voting alliances!

You can vote incrementally in the 2 player game.

Games Workshop version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kettleborough
msg tools
mb
I recently bought this game and I too am stumped by this rule. I can't wrack my brain around this one.

So if I did have 6 votes and I wanted a motion...

1) Must I use ALL 6 votes for that motion meaning I will only be able to vote on one motion for the whole assembly?
2) Vote with 4 votes and say, save the last 2 for a later motion etc...?

If someone else wins the motion with their votes, what happens to the ones I bid with? Can I reuse them for a later motion in the same assembly?

Thanks! Just need clarification (in simple terms if possible... ) before I crack it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a multi player game, you cast all your votes once for every motion or you abstain from voting on a motion.

You always vote or abstain on every motion.

You always cast all your votes on every motion you vote for.

Your vote total is used for every vote on every motion.

The only time the votes are ever cast as individual markers is in the 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.