Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back into MTGO after leaving it for several years. I miss playing online CCG's and this one has the most support. Plus, I can get quite a few cards on the cheap (something I learned too late the last time I played).

I was surprised that I couldn't find a BGG clan there. Would there be any interest in forming one?

EDIT: Forgot to add that my username in MTGO is AxonDomini. I'm a casual/fun player, not hardcore tournament style player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffk wrote:
Plus, I can get quite a few cards on the cheap (something I learned too late the last time I played).

If you don't mind me asking, how do you get them cheap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would join and play casually, but last time I checked, MTGO didn't run on Mac's, so I can't play. Hopefully they'll wise up and let me give them money one of these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruprecht
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
xibxang wrote:

In general, non-mythic rares are cheaper to much cheaper on magic online than in paper. There are a number of bots that will trade you cards for tickets; without endorsing either of them, you can see some example prices at http://www.mtgotraders.com/ or http://cardbotmtgo.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rupes wrote:
xibxang wrote:

In general, non-mythic rares are cheaper to much cheaper on magic online than in paper. There are a number of bots that will trade you cards for tickets; without endorsing either of them, you can see some example prices at http://www.mtgotraders.com/ or http://cardbotmtgo.com/

That's awesome. Thanks very much for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sewall
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey Jeff,

I just got back into MTGO myself and while I enjoy playing, I am sick of random matchups and I'm looking for some buddies to play casual games with.

It seems like every other match I play, it's some lame netdeck, or the person I'm playing against concedes, disconnects, or simply stops responding if things aren't going their way...

I'm probably about 50% 'Johnny', 40% 'Timmy', and 10% 'Spike' in my gaming - I like trying to get 'bad' cards to work, and just having a good time!

Anyway, I'll be sure to look you up online. My user name is jormungand in case you beat me to it.

Cheers,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could be a member of multiple clans I'd happily join a BGG one, but as is I am a rather devout member of the Limited Resources clan. If you just want a clan where people probably won't be jerks, I'd recommend that one, though as you might guess from the title, it is limited focused (but I've certainly found people there for standard testing and what not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rupes wrote:
xibxang wrote:

Yep, that's it exactly. You can get commons for about 2 cents each and uncommons for 5 to 10 cents. Rares and mythic Rares vary wildly depending on popularity and their usefulness in standard. Also, if you stick to classic/legacy formats it's cheaper since cards that have rotated out of standard drop in price significantly when that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonsewall wrote:
Hey Jeff,

I just got back into MTGO myself and while I enjoy playing, I am sick of random matchups and I'm looking for some buddies to play casual games with.

It seems like every other match I play, it's some lame netdeck, or the person I'm playing against concedes, disconnects, or simply stops responding if things aren't going their way...

I'm probably about 50% 'Johnny', 40% 'Timmy', and 10% 'Spike' in my gaming - I like trying to get 'bad' cards to work, and just having a good time!

Anyway, I'll be sure to look you up online. My user name is jormungand in case you beat me to it.

Cheers,
Jason

Awesome! I'll definitely add you to my buddy list as it sounds like we have very similar approaches to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to add both of you guys, Jeff and Jason as Buddies.

I'm half casual, half "wants to do well someday"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy, I'm in the Limited Resources clan myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
I hope to add both of you guys, Jeff and Jason as Buddies.

I'm half casual, half "wants to do well someday"...

Excellent. I've been too busy to log on for the past few days, but hopefully that will change shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to join the limited resouces clan. Good to see there's some BGG members on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil AnnergÄrd
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
I would join... Probably

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just joined MTGO tonight since my roommates seem to be bored with the "paper" version.

Add me: SPARTANVI; need some peeps to show me the ropes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.