Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pirates Fight & Robinson (Fighting Card Deck) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After several plays I made it to the Pirates the first one was fight against all remaining hazard cards, it equaled 14 and 40 so after drawing all cards and doubling/exchanging/destroying/bonus card draws, I end up with 34 strength, an additional +2 cards I could draw, a sort 3 cards and a 1x destroy, and 14 life points ..... but I have drawn all my cards. I still have 4 aging cards, but am confused on the rule, if you have depleted your robinson stack you lose... The other pirate was 8/30. Oddly, before I started I had exactly 22 Robinson cards available(14+8). So I would have needed to draw 40 points in exactly 14 cards to be able to draw 30 with the remaining 8? I know the game is hard, but that seems a little extreme. If you win at the game do you have to cherry pick(cheat) the easy pirates, or get lucky enough to draw them?

Am I being to literal? Can I contiue reshuffling as long as I have aging cards?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jocose wrote:
After several plays I made it to the Pirates the first one was fight against all remaining hazard cards, it equaled 14 and 40 so after drawing all cards and doubling/exchanging/destroying/bonus card draws, I end up with 34 strength, an additional +2 cards I could draw, a sort 3 cards and a 1x destroy, and 14 life points ..... but I have drawn all my cards. I still have 4 aging cards, but am confused on the rule, if you have depleted your robinson stack you lose... The other pirate was 8/30. Oddly, before I started I had exactly 22 Robinson cards available(14+8). So I would have needed to draw 40 points in exactly 14 cards to be able to draw 30 with the remaining 8? I know the game is hard, but that seems a little extreme. If you win at the game do you have to cherry pick(cheat) the easy pirates, or get lucky enough to draw them?

Am I being to literal? Can I contiue reshuffling as long as I have aging cards?

You can continue reshuffling even after you no longer have aging cards. There was a ruling that if you have all your Robinson cards in play and you still can't muster enough points, you lose. Maybe that's what confused you.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
jocose wrote:
After several plays I made it to the Pirates the first one was fight against all remaining hazard cards, it equaled 14 and 40 so after drawing all cards and doubling/exchanging/destroying/bonus card draws, I end up with 34 strength, an additional +2 cards I could draw, a sort 3 cards and a 1x destroy, and 14 life points ..... but I have drawn all my cards. I still have 4 aging cards, but am confused on the rule, if you have depleted your robinson stack you lose... The other pirate was 8/30. Oddly, before I started I had exactly 22 Robinson cards available(14+8). So I would have needed to draw 40 points in exactly 14 cards to be able to draw 30 with the remaining 8? I know the game is hard, but that seems a little extreme. If you win at the game do you have to cherry pick(cheat) the easy pirates, or get lucky enough to draw them?

Am I being to literal? Can I contiue reshuffling as long as I have aging cards?

You can continue reshuffling even after you no longer have aging cards. There was a ruling that if you have all your Robinson cards in play and you still can't muster enough points, you lose. Maybe that's what confused you.


Thanks Sphere, that makes it a bit more clear, but I did not see the ruling post. While I was writing this post and trying to read some posts for the answer my friend arrived to teach me Android, so I just scooped the game into the box, but with 14 life left, I think I was set up for my first win. Now how did I do that?
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
You also discard everything between pirate fights as well, so you'll have those cards available in the second pirate fight.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rather than start a new thread, thought i would post another question here that I do not see the answer too, or another question like it.

here i am again in red phase with 5 life left ....

phase -1 is in play so i am fighting at the "yellow" level, 1x copy comes up as my last free card,can i copy phase -1 and fight at the "green" level?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jocose wrote:
here i am again in red phase with 5 life left ....

phase -1 is in play so i am fighting at the "yellow" level, 1x copy comes up as my last free card,can i copy phase -1 and fight at the "green" level?

Yes - I don't see any reason why you couldn't.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
jocose wrote:
here i am again in red phase with 5 life left ....

phase -1 is in play so i am fighting at the "yellow" level, 1x copy comes up as my last free card,can i copy phase -1 and fight at the "green" level?

Yes - I don't see any reason why you couldn't.


the rules on phase -1 say it is activated when you resolve, so the phase card is red making it yellow when it activates during resolution, not during the fight, also 1x copy says "generally" you can copy any special ability, that is the trouble i was having, i decided not to double copy it and am moving on to the pirates now .....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jocose wrote:
Sphere wrote:
jocose wrote:
here i am again in red phase with 5 life left ....

phase -1 is in play so i am fighting at the "yellow" level, 1x copy comes up as my last free card,can i copy phase -1 and fight at the "green" level?

Yes - I don't see any reason why you couldn't.


the rules on phase -1 say it is activated when you resolve, so the phase card is red making it yellow when it activates during resolution, not during the fight, also 1x copy says "generally" you can copy any special ability, that is the trouble i was having, i decided not to double copy it and am moving on to the pirates now .....


vicorty ... 54 points, i am now 1-8 ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jocose wrote:
the rules on phase -1 say it is activated when you resolve, so the phase card is red making it yellow when it activates during resolution, not during the fight, also 1x copy says "generally" you can copy any special ability, that is the trouble i was having, i decided not to double copy it and am moving on to the pirates now .....

You would use both the -1 step and the copy when you resolve, taking it to yellow and then green. If there isn't an exception to the copy ability, its general ability should apply.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.