Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin can get very frustrating when you are the lowest level player and keep having bad luck with monsters so I decided to use the powerful MUNCHKINOMICON to help the poor bastard that is in this aweful situation. The NECRONOMICON can also be used if you do not have this expansion.

WHY ? Simply because it usually discourages the players to keep playing the game and simply because the one that is losing develops the thirst of evilness but doesnt have the cards nor the level to do anything in the game and the MUNCHKINOMICON senses this and feasts its energies on this emotions.

So lets talk about the rules:

1) If at the beginning of his/her turn the lowest level player is 5 or more levels down from the rest of the players, the MUNCHKINOMICON comes to his/her aid and whispers a SPELL (if there is anyone available). For example: the lowest level player is 2 and the other players are 7, 9, 8.

2) If the lowest level level player keeps having the -5 level difference with the rest of the players when he/she enters combat the MUNCHKINOMICON will not abandon him/her. Meaning the rules of luring the MUNCHKINOMICON are OFF during this COMBAT and other players cannot steal, discard or lure the MUNCHKINOMICON from that player.

note:The MUNCHKINOMICON can be still be lured, stolen or discarded after combat but the RULE 1 will still apply if he/she is the lowest level player at the beginning of his/her turn.

3) The player having the MUNCHKINOMICON can sell it as usual to go up a level (adding other items to reach the 1000 of course) even if he/she is the lowest level player (one of the 2 ways the MUNCHKINOMICON will leave play on his/her turn), but he/she cannot regain it until his/her turn has ended if he/she meets the right conditions (as per the rules, if he/she wins a combat and the MUNCHKINOMICON is on the top of the treasure deck it cannot be claimed on the turn it was sold)

4) The lowest player level that meet the condition of being 5 levels or more from the rest of the players can discard the MUNCHKINOMICON during combat to add +10 to his/her levels and add +5 if he/she also discards any SPELL on his/her hand.

Note: He/She can discard more than one SPELL for +5. The MUNCHKINOMICON is MAJOR force of balancing EVIL.

5) The SPELL DECK does not reshuffle if it is exhausted. Once the SPELLs are gone they are gone for good.

I hope these rules balance those games that are TOO unbalanced or where somebody is having major bad luck.

-----------------------------

ALSO I recommend the following modifications to add to the game:

1) Shuffle all the classes into another deck.

2) When a player draws a door (not the first one) he/she can choose to draw a class instead.

3) When the doors deck depletes the game ends and all players lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
Are these your house rules or the actual rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lyons
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are house rules, these are not official rules.

I like 1, 2, and 3, and may incorporate them into my weekly game, but I don't like the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Some are clarifications of the rules and some are house rules. They are to be used at will.

I made them because in every game we played there is always somebody that falls behind that is almost impossible to recover. And this is not a game that lasts 30 minutes and thats it. So I wanted to rebalance that issue by giving the guy that is far behind a little lovecraftian hope.

In my experience it helped those that are prey of misfortune to enjoy the game more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.