Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-Can blocks from one location move to different locations?
If I can how does this apply to movement bought with cards? If I split one stack in 3 smaller stack and I choose to move them, I cant move anything else right?

-Can I engage the enemy into a mustering location of mine, recruit there and then fight?
Can i do the same in the enemy mustering locations?

-What happens when attacker and defender tie on iniative? who deploys next?

-is the starting hand of 5 cards during setup subject to Reinforcement step?

- to be in leadership, do you have to start in a castle, capital or are you under leadershio also when you move through such locations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Couple of answers after first game...
kalevi1999 wrote:
-Can blocks from one location move to different locations?
If I can how does this apply to movement bought with cards? If I split one stack in 3 smaller stack and I choose to move them, I cant move anything else right?

No, you can activate a certain number of stacks and then split them however you want (although other restrictions may apply). If you split 1 stack into 3, this counts as an activation of one stack only. (See rule 7.3.1).

kalevi1999 wrote:
-Can I engage the enemy into a mustering location of mine, recruit there and then fight?

Yes, provided that the attack is originated by a stack previously on the board, NOT by the mustered units. (See 7.2, last paragraph).

kalevi1999 wrote:
Can i do the same in the enemy mustering locations?

I'm not sure if I understand the question properly, but you can't muster anything in the enemy mustering locations, those clans are your enemies, not allies.

kalevi1999 wrote:
-What happens when attacker and defender tie on iniative? who deploys next?

Since your question concerns deployment, I assume that you mean impact, not initiative. The defender always wins the impact ties, so the attacker deploys next (see 8.2.1)

kalevi1999 wrote:
- to be in leadership, do you have to start in a castle, capital or are you under leadershio also when you move through such locations?

You have to start there. (See 7.3.3 and 7.3.4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wilk wrote:

Since your question concerns deployment, I assume that you mean impact, not initiative. The defender always wins the impact ties, so the attacker deploys next (see 8.2.1)

Yep I meant impact! Thank you very VERY much! What about the last question left behind?

kalevi1999 wrote:

-is the starting hand of 5 cards during setup subject to Reinforcement step?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I left it out somehow. In the first turn you just draw 5 cards and play on, there is no reinforcement step (see 6.2, last paragraph).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok

what about taking losses in respect to blocks that defected. Do those blocks count as loss for original owner or for the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They count as a loss for their original owner and have to be the first ones to be removed (see 8.7.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question:
I deploy one cavalry block with a special attack card so i get +2 from it.
If I previously deployed a gun block do I get the +2 from it too?
or do I get the bonus in this example only from cavalry blocks previously deployed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
Another question:
or do I get the bonus in this example only from cavalry blocks previously deployed?

You only get the special attack bonus for previously deployed blocks of the same type. The first deployed block of a given type (cavalry or gun) gets no bonus, regardless of whether it was deployed with a special attack card or not. For subsequently each deployed cavalry (gun) deployed with a special attack card, you get +2, and +2 for each previously deployed cavalry (gun).

edit: corrected

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
Another question:

You get a bonus only from cavalry blocks. Cavalry and guns bonuses are not cumulative (8.4.2).

Edit: Jay beat me to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaysachs wrote:
The first deployed block of a given type (cavalry or gun) gets no bonus, regardless of whether it was deployed with a special attack card or not.

Sorry, that's incorrect.

In 8.4.1 Cavalry and Gun Impact:
Quote:
In a cavalry or gun attack, add two points of Impact for the cavalry or gun, and another two points of Impact for each block featuring that type of attack already deployed on the same side in the present battle.

Therefore, if the first cavalry or gun block is deployed with a Special Attack card, it gets 2 points of bonus Impact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
jaysachs wrote:
The first deployed block of a given type (cavalry or gun) gets no bonus, regardless of whether it was deployed with a special attack card or not.

Sorry, that's incorrect.

In 8.4.1 Cavalry and Gun Impact:
Quote:
In a cavalry or gun attack, add two points of Impact for the cavalry or gun, and another two points of Impact for each block featuring that type of attack already deployed on the same side in the present battle.

Therefore, if the first cavalry or gun block is deployed with a Special Attack card, it gets 2 points of bonus Impact.

Thanks! Another thing I've played wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about losses? do you have to choose them among deployed blocks or can be taken also among blocks that didnt deploy?

also...is there any sense playing a loyalty card against Naomasa red devils or Ishida leader block?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
do you have to choose them among deployed blocks or can be taken also among blocks that didnt deploy?

There's a strict sequence depicted in 8.7.2 Selecting Losses:
Quote:
First must be selected any blocks which defected to his opponent, then any other blocks which deployed, then any blocks which did not.

kalevi1999 wrote:
is there any sense playing a loyalty card against Naomasa red devils or Ishida leader block?

The requirement of overcoming a Loyalty Challenge is stated in 8.6.1 Procedure:
Quote:
If the deploying player can show from their hand another card capable of deploying the block just deployed, the block remains loyal.
For example, if you deploy the Ii block with a Maeda card and the Ishida player plays a Loyalty Challenge, you can meet the Challenge by showing a card of any clan. You may also refer to the answer made by the designer here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7266270#7266270

It makes sense to Challenge the Ii block if it's deployed with the last card (but then the Tokugawa player makes no sense at all ) or it's deployed with the second last card and you believe that the last card is a Loyalty Challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After second game, another 2 questions:

Can a besieged player in a castle muster troops if the besieged location is also a mustering location?

I deploy 1 gun without a normal card and then I deploy one normal block of the same daimio with a special card. Does the special card activate the special attack deployed earlier?

I win a battle in a castle location: defender manages to escape inside the castle with 2 blocks and others in another location. When does the siege procedure takes place? immediately or in the next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Calkins
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Yes, using the besieged blocks to create the mandatory board-originated battle.
(2) No, to trigger a special attack both the block deployed and the card to deploy it must be special.
(3) Siege takes place not immediately but next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wilk wrote:
kalevi1999 wrote:

Can I engage the enemy into a mustering location of mine, recruit there and then fight?

Yes, provided that the attack is originated by a stack previously on the board, NOT by the mustered units. (See 7.2, last paragraph).

So I move from 2 activated locations to my occupied recruitment location with first movement (assuming I bought 2 moves and 1 muster), and muster there into combat? Recruited blocks cant move but can fight right?

Enemy castles occupied by my armies allow me to use leadership bonus movement? Same question about enemy capitals...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
kalevi1999 wrote:

Enemy castles occupied by my armies allow me to use leadership bonus movement? Same question about enemy capitals...

You receive leadership from your "aligned (matching color)" castles and capitals, not occupied enemy ones [7.3.4 Leadership/page 6].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
wilk wrote:
kalevi1999 wrote:

Can I engage the enemy into a mustering location of mine, recruit there and then fight?

So I move from 2 activated locations to my occupied recruitment location with first movement (assuming I bought 2 moves and 1 muster), and muster there into combat? Recruited blocks cant move but can fight right?

Could anyone reply to this question? Maybe its just silly, but you know, just to be sure about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
kalevi1999 wrote:
wilk wrote:
kalevi1999 wrote:

Could anyone reply to this question? Maybe its just silly, but you know, just to be sure about it!

Yes, thats how I read (and play) it.
But it has to be a proper recruitment location of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Calkins
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can do it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.