Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like Ilya's map design, but prefer ScottE's board layout. So I combined them both. Ilya's map is large, easy to read and has all the labels oriented the same way, but it isn't square, and I thought ScottE's had a better board look to it, and the space background was neat.

So I combined them.

Here is a link to the map file if anyone wants it. It's a very large jpeg (7.8mb)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80435049/Dune_Map.jpg

As you can see, I also used ScottE's shields, because I felt they were formatted better and the turn overview was really helpful. Both great redesigns and I am very happy with how this turned out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amazing mashup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Skinner
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this looks great! I have been going back and forth on which DIY dune to try out, looking at the pros and cons to both Ilya and Scott's amazing redesigns. (ok, no real cons to either, only differences.).

It looks like you're using the Ilya cards as well? Do you prefer those to Scott's?

A final thing I really liked that I saw on a Ilya modification was radial area names on the map. Anyway to share a layered file Of your mash up that I could drop those into?

Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I mainly used everything of Ilya's (square tokens as well), and his rulebook, and the only thing I used from ScottE's design was the shields and the map. I do like ScottE's design, but I prefer the artwork on Ilya's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass

Maine
msg tools
Beautiful board thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.