Subject: Constitutional Unionists winning ties - what actually happens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Hi Alex,

I've been checking thorugh the various rules questions here on BGG prior to playing my first game, and I have one rather large question:

In the online rulebook (here and at Numbskull Games) it says that when the CU win a state in regional polling as a result of 2 other parties tieing, then the CU add sufficient PCFs to the state to give them control. However, in my printed copy of the rulebook that came with my game itself, it only says that the CUs win the state - there is no mention of them gaining any PCFs as a result. This is a rather substantial difference in rules...

Also, the bottom line of section 8.4 has been left off the bottom of the page of the printed copy (although it doesn't affect the question above).

regards,
John Morrison
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jumpingjohnflash wrote:
Hi Alex,

I've been checking thorugh the various rules questions here on BGG prior to playing my first game, and I have one rather large question:

In the online rulebook (here and at Numbskull Games) it says that when the CU win a state in regional polling as a result of 2 other parties tieing, then the CU add sufficient PCFs to the state to give them control. However, in my printed copy of the rulebook that came with my game itself, it only says that the CUs win the state - there is no mention of them gaining any PCFs as a result. This is a rather substantial difference in rules...

Also, the bottom line of section 8.4 has been left off the bottom of the page of the printed copy (although it doesn't affect the question above).

regards,
John Morrison

John -

*sigh* I'm terribly sorry about this. The printed version of the rules (along with the rest of the game) was sent to the printer without my being permitted to proof read it. As such, I missed many of the last minute typos that are appearing here, and this is obviously a major issue! So yes, there will be differences.

Anyway, to clarify...

The rule as it appears in the online version of the rules (and, for the most part, in the outdated version of the rules that are posted here on BGG), is correct, in that Constitutional Unionist players earn sufficient PCFs to control those states as a part of winning them.

Why?

Because not gaining any PCFs makes their advantage essentially toothless otherwise.

Hope this helps make matters clearer. Please keep the questions coming, and I'll do my best to provide clarifications for this, or any remaining ambiguities.

-Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.