mbmbmbmbmb
The Spiel presents...

Made for Play: Board Games & Modern Industry

On Vimeo:

On our YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/spielon?feature=mhee

And on our web site:

http://thespiel.net/?q=node/957

GIANT THANK YOUS to Frank Jäger and Marc Brida of Ludo Fact. When I told Frank my idea, Frank invited us to come and make the film and went out of his way to give us the best tour we could ask for in the limited time he had available (less than a week before Essen!). Marc was also a great host and spent many hours answering lots of our crazy questions.

We hope the film gives you a greater appreciation of the time, effort and investment that goes into every quality board game that makes it to the marketplace and your home. The business of fun requires a lot of people and a lot hard work!

Spiel on!

Stephen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite enjoyed the doco, glad I backed this on kickstarter (seems like you've forgotten to post an update on kickstarter on this though).

The card printing number of colours is what is used to print postage stamps to get a high grade of picture too.

Enjoyed watching it both with my gamer hat on and my production planner hat too. Looking at the warehousing and the sheer size of the operation made me think stocktaking there would be a hell of an exercise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both!

Louise, it was very late here when the film was finally ready for release. I ran out of steam and had to get some sleep before posting an update to the Kickstarter page. There's an update posted there now.

The planning that goes into moving truckloads of games in and out of the storage area every day is extensive. Keeping track of inventory within the cavernous hall is definitely a full time enterprise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.