Popular Tags: [View All]
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Resources in a regular game of Cave Evil primarily come from a Necromancer discarding a card to obtain resources, Excavators digging tunnels and finding resources in a Spawn Roll, and Spawn Pits gurgling resources from the shadow dimensions. All fine ways to obtain resources, but clearly set up to make games a little less hard on a player.

This is a lengthy adjustment and will add time to a game. And it will be much harder for a player to earn resources, but it is more accurate to the world.

Resource are a little less random to obtain. This variant can be a little harder on a player so we recommend that players use the "Slower Variant" mentioned in the Advanced section of the Cave Evil rule book. Time keeping being : Awaken track advanced only for every Creature Invoked and only at the end of a cycle in which no player Invoked a Creature (instead of advancing track at the end of every round regardless).

Resources are obtained in the following ways.

-The Necromancer still is able to discard a card for one of any resource cost on a card. THIS RULE IS THE SAME.

-When excavating, if an Excavation card text asks for an Excavation Spawn Roll a D4 is rolled. If a 4 is rolled a card is drawn as normal. If a 1,2 or 3 is rolled ONLY Metals are found and a player rolls to find out what amount of Metals his Excavators have found.

If an Excavation card text asks for a specific type of resource to be rolled (Metals, Gore, Shadowflame) players should roll for those as normal.

-If an Event asks for a Spawn Roll on a Spawn Pit, a D4 is rolled. If a 4 is rolled a card is drawn as normal. If a 1,2 or 3 is rolled ONLY Shadowflame are Spawned and placed on the Spawn Pit.

If an Event card text asks for a specific type of resource to be rolled for a Spawn Pit (Metals, Gore, Shadowflame) players should roll for those as normal. Just resources in a regular "Spawn Roll" will always be Shadowflame for a Spawn Pit.

- Aside from times when an Excavation card or Event card asks for Gore to be rolled Gore can only be obtained through the Necromancer discarding a card for a Resource cost and the death of other Creatures. When Creatures are killed Gore should be placed on the space of their death, as the regular rules state (3 for Large, 2 for Medium, 1 for Small). Creatures must pickup the Gore covering the cavern floors in order to obtain more Gore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this seams to really extend the game lenght and makes it harder to raise big creatures, but clearly boosts the shobby abomination xD
i'm looking forward to give it a try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It really is a more complicated affair, but perhaps more real in a thematic sense (as if this world were real to begin with). It may be fun for those that enjoy a less random acquiring of material. If spawn pits aren't burping up Shadowflame it can be tough. But the initial discard for resource is really big to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few more thoughts I am sure this is a great variant I need to test, because it not only extends the gamelenghts but the gamers hand.
As I could drop a card anytime for just a single ressource I can hide my plans and change them more freely with more cards in my hand.
And at last what is much more usefull I can be sure that no one else will grab the card I just gave away for ressources...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.