oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing Elder Sign: Omens for the first time this weekend, I have got high hiopes that they convert more of the FFG catalog to iOS.

My dream conversions would include the following, but only because I dig the cardboard versions - I had never played any Arkham Horror games and really enjoy ES:O - so I will likely enjoy whatever they can release (please do!).

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game would be amazing. I enjoy the deep strategy and edge of the seat die rolls with this one. It would be amazing to be able to play on the go and save a game over time.

Red November would also be fun... primarily solo, but if there was a decent chat, multiplayer could work... With ES:O working well solo, I would think they could just do that - solo gnome management with four gnomes.

Android: Infiltration with asynchronus multiplayer would be neat as well. Especially if they used the game time clocks that Summoner Wars (2012) uses that works so well. The enventual Android: Netrunner would also make a good candidate.

While I enjoy Wiz-War (eighth edition) the chaos of the labyrinth may be too much for mobile multiplayer... It gets difficult when you have to stop an ask everyone if they have a counter they want to play against a previous counter on top of the original spell...

It would be simple to do DungeonQuest (third edition) (I almost did a version untilGames Workshop Ltd. slammed my Talisman (third edition) GBA conversion with a legal smackdown - see www.mywiferocksproductions.com for more info) and really enjoyable, even without multiplayer.

While they had Capcom working on a digital version of Talisman (Revised 4th Edition) - they couldn't figure out how to keep multiple players engaged and the project fell through. Which is why they are taking baby steps here and going with the solo/finite gameplay experiences...

While I haven't had a lot of experience with these games, iOS versions seem doable and enjoyable: Cave Troll, Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game, Drakon (third edition), Mag·Blast (Third Edition).

Even The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac and The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus would be enjoyable conversions I would likely pick-up.

I am sure there are more as I don't know much about the Runebound (Second Edition) universe - but likely would not hestiate to learn, especially on a mobile platform.

Another wish lister for me is Cosmic Encounter - if they could pull off the multiplayer (would need chat I am assuming). However, I am guessing there is a lot of bluffing and politic-ing that may make mobile multipler not that enjoyable. I put it here because I love the idea of the game, but have never had the gaming group to actually play it.

Fantasy Flight Games really can't go wrong. Unless of course they don't release any more digital board game conversions. They are exactly what I want from a video game - creative gameplay with tense moments and planning/strategy required in a goal oriented setting that is replayable over and over - in other words, digital boardgames. So - get on it FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish they'd put out the LCG's for iOS.

Heck, even a good deck builder app would be nice if they don't want to get into a playable app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldschoolgamr wrote:

Red November would also be fun... primarily solo, but if there was a decent chat, multiplayer could work... With ES:O working well solo, I would think they could just do that - solo gnome management with four gnomes.
Red November has a Java/PC version, which plays up to 8 gnomes.

oldschoolgamr wrote:

Fantasy Flight Games really can't go wrong. Unless of course they don't release any more digital board game conversions. They are exactly what I want from a video game - creative gameplay with tense moments and planning/strategy required in a goal oriented setting that is replayable over and over - in other words, digital boardgames. So - get on it FFG!

An AEG rep back in mid 2014 stated that unfortunately, many pubs see digital board games as an expense, NOT an investment, including themselves. They may decide to get back into digital apps, but only time will tell. Digital board games haven't been pushing enough sales towards physical purchases of the game. To me, this is quite conflicting, as I get the digital version so that I won't have to buy the boxed version. Luckily, FFG is a big enough company to better properly deal with such efforts and expenses.

Also, If folks are just going to wait until they go on sale for $1, then some pubs may be wary of that, and not bother in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
oldschoolgamr wrote:

oldschoolgamr wrote:

An AEG rep back in mid 2014 stated that unfortunately, many pubs see digital board games as an expense, NOT an investment, including themselves. They may decide to get back into digital apps, but only time will tell. Digital board games haven't been pushing enough sales towards physical purchases of the game. To me, this is quite conflicting, as I get the digital version so that I won't have to buy the boxed version. Luckily, FFG is a big enough company to better properly deal with such efforts and expenses.

Also, If folks are just going to wait until they go on sale for $1, then some pubs may be wary of that, and not bother in the first place.

Or they can do what some app publishers have done and sell their game for a realistic price and never put it on sale, and then make it clear on release that it will never go on sale, so you might as well get it now if you want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwiccan wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
oldschoolgamr wrote:

oldschoolgamr wrote:

Or they can do what some app publishers have done and sell their game for a realistic price and never put it on sale, and then make it clear on release that it will never go on sale, so you might as well get it now if you want it.

Nomad's Talisman application has had success with this - a fixed price (with some seasonal sales) that is fair AND a deal over the cardboard version. The expansions keep coming, so they are banking something at least... In fact, just played with The City today and it adds some significant content...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwiccan wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
oldschoolgamr wrote:

oldschoolgamr wrote:

Some devs have taken a stand and stood their ground on this. Welcoming in the long run, as the "race to the bottom" environment where everyone lowered their prices to free to $2 is killing it for some indies and developers in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.