JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144651/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

I had to go into work for a bit Saturday. Afterwards my friend Earl brought over Battle of Westeros, which he soundly trounced me in again. I thought I had him in a good position. I tricked him into thinking I was going after Tywin Lannister, but my bounty commander was actually Jamie. I had lured Jamie away from his troops with a feint, and then swooped in and surrounded him. Thanks to my complete lack of ability to roll what I needed, I failed 5 attempts to capture him, and ended up breaking my left flank led by Eddard. I had Eddard hidden in trees, which made him almost un-capturable, but Earl used this to wipe up my weakened forces, and win the Morale victory.

2012-07-14
King of Tokyo
Battles of Westeros
Top Race
Primordial Soup
Halli Galli

2012-07-15 Went to spend the day with the In-Laws. We taught them King of Tokyo (Everyone loved it) and Flashpoint, and had an excellent dinner.
Halli Galli x5
King of Tokyo x3
Flash Point: Fire Rescue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Thurn and taxis
2) Stone Age
3) Wyatt Earp
4) Kingdom Builder
5) Chess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Went over to a friend's house on Saturday and got in some awesome gaming.

Started with:

DungeonQuest (third edition) - this game is so random and hilarious. I almost died on the first turn (see 'games in five seconds' geeklist to see how that works), but survived enough to be the only player left! I got in, got some gold, and started my exit...ran into a skeleton, troll, and something even worse, back-to-back-to-back and died. Nobody wins. Haha this game is funny. If you don't laugh at it you might be inclined to rage-quit. Either way I'm laughing. - I suppose I was considered the last loser (or 'best' loser, haha) out of three of us, in this game.

Next up was:

Tobago - I love this game. You're finding treasure by deducing where it is by playing cards. Once the treasure is found, there's this little mini-game to dole it out. It's great, light, fun and the board is beautiful. Definitely the best looking game I own. - I wound up in second place out of four of us. The guy in first destroyed everybody.

Next up was:

Dungeon Petz - This was my first play of this game. It was a lot like its brother, Dungeon Lords, but different enough that it can hold its own when compared to it. Much like Dungeon Lords, it was VERY confusing my first time through. There were a lot of subtleties to remember, like showing off your pet, selling your pet, and what attributes to watch out for to make sure you get the highest score. It was fun, although it didn't really "click" for me until the last round. I'll have to play it again. - I finished in third place (I didn't deserve it, though; the guy behind me just did some really STUPID things) out of four.

Next up was three games of:

Tsuro - This game is so great simply because of how many games you can play in such a short time. We spent the least amount of time BY FAR on this game, and played it the most. The game is actually a lot of fun the more players you add, and everyone all seemed to enjoy themselves. I did horribly each game except the first one. - I finished second the first game, and died first each of the next two games. All games had five players.

Last up was an awesome game of:

Small World - The guys were getting pretty fatigued by this point, and you could see glazed eyes while I was explaining the rules. However, one turn in and everyone was loving it! This game is so awesome. The more and more I play it, the more and more I like it. I took the trolls right off the bat, and had fortresses protecting me for a while, and then took the amazons, and then the ratmen and just overwhelmed the board. It was awesome. - I got my first win of the day! There were four of us.

Great weekend of gaming!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What Did You Play This Weekend? 07.16.12
Nothing cry cry cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyclades in the garden, too much hot for staying at home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not counting a LOT of plays of Puerto Rico HD solo and Ticket to Ride with my wife and some of my kids on the Ipad, I managed to finally "break in" my newly purchased copy of 7 Wonders. The first ever game was on Sunday afternoon with me vs my wife and our youngest (who is 8). It was fast and furious and I ended triumphant.

In the evening, we had another round, but this time included my 14 year old daughter. This time my wife pulled away with my daughter being 2nd, and I was dead last, beaten silly militarily by the 2 important ladies in my life....which ironically mimics real life a bit....my youngest also did quite well as he was a close 3rd.

Great game, and I am sure my copy will be seeing a lot more plays!!!

Finally, I had wanted to squeeze in a game of Dungeon Petz, as my 17 yr old son (who didn't "feel" for 7 wonders thus didn't join) wanted another crack at this, as we had made some rules errors in our inaugural game a couple of weeks ago, but there was no time. Well, there is always next weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
Cyclades in the garden, too much hot for staying at home...

Ah, you lucky southeners! It was rain all day here. Although a great weather for gaming, wifey had me dragged to a party (I should have brought Drinking Quest: The Original Drinking RPG but I forgot soblue)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After several years of being in "owned, buy never played" status, I finally broke out Paris Paris with my wife. Simple to learn, and a clever tactical game. The downside is that you spend most of the game calculating routes - first as "what-ifs" and then for actual scoring. Not sure that the wife liked it enough to expect a lot of future plays, but I was happy to get it out of "never played" status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch Jones
England
Telford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
Small Worldthumbsup

Saturday
Hey thats my fish x 2

Sunday
Small world
Ingenious x2
SCRABBLE
TTR Europe

and Hungry Hippos (if that counts)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a light game weekend. I ended up missing my game groups monthly friday meet. Saturday did not get any games in. Though Sunday I did play 1 game of Cards Against Humanity and 3 games of Ticket to Ride
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansa Teutonica
Gears of War: The Board Game
Ghost Stories
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed a number of plays this weekend and had a lot of fun at Game Night (RayCon) despite only getting in one game.

Friday
1x - Eclipse
1x - Dominion

A slow Friday night for a change. Wife offered to play Eclipse much to my delight. It took a while for things to develop but was able to take a handful of actions in last round to boost VP for the win.

Saturday
3x - Saint Petersburg
2x - Kingsburg

My wife and I continue our friendly rivalry. The way it typically works is we play a game and we keep playing it until she finally wins. After three games of Saint Petersburg she got her win and then chose Kingsburg. She proceeded to kick my not-so-royal-butt in two straight games to cap off a fun night of games between the two of us.

Sunday
1x - Summoner Wars
1x - Power Grid

While everyone napped or played outside Sunday afternoon, my BIL and I squeezeD in a game of Summoner Wars while watching the pre-recorded stage of the Tour de France with its tacks and flat tires incident. I got off to a strong start and we both thought my Benders had it won, but somewhere, somehow the tide changed and I was brutally defeated by his Sand Goblins. My first loss with the Benders, and his first win with the Goblins.

After dropping the kids off at camp my wife and I headed over to our friends' house to celebrate their birthdays. They took a page out of my book and volunteered to host our monthly game night and make a day of it. "RayCon", was by far our best turn out yet. We arrived to a full house of people three hours after it started just in time for the dinner intermission. Since many of us have been out of town or on vacation the past few weeks it took two hours to catch up before we got to our game. I played a fun 5p game of Power Grid on the German map and finished tied for last. My wife got in three games at another table. Fun was had by all... a fun combination of the relationships, games, and the chocolate fountain.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two rounds of golf and I pondered my next moves in The Battle for Normandy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The group came over Sunday evening. We had a good night of gaming.
Games we played were:
Pandemic
Castle Panic
Munchkin
King of Tokyo
Formula Dx2

It was a good time. We are planning a marathon session next Saturday. Meet in the morning. Take a break for grilling, then on to more gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got in a game of Sentinels of the Multiverse with two friends and two kids (ages 6 and 9). The kids needed a lot of help, but I think the 9-year-old would have done better had he had someone other than Absolute Zero. We defeated Omnitron, and it was a cakewalk. Our heroes were Haka, Legacy, Wraith, Fanatic, and Absolute Zero, and we used the Megalopolis environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan
Memoir '44 2x
Airlines Europe
For Sale 3x
Glory to Rome 2x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday?
Last day of hiking in the Rockies in Kananastis Country. No games, but I did have bear spray with me.

Saturday?
Drive back into Calgary and plane ride back to Toronto. Did meet some guy named Rik Falch on the streets in Calgary who personally delivered to me some Emmanuel Aquin gaming goodness (see below).

Sunday?
Laundry. Three games of Trenches of Valor then seven exciting games of D-Day Dice (thanks Rik!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Meeker
United States
Camano Island
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the course of the weekend, I bet we played 5-6 games of Dominion (I'm horrible at tracking my plays, so memory will have to suffice.)

On Friday we played Carcassonne - with the Carcassonne: Expansion 3 – The Princess & The Dragon (on accident, mind, for I included the Princess/Dragon tiles in the set-up for a vanilla game inadvertently).

I won thanks to cunning use of a Princess and city-theft. I regret nothing.

On Saturday, Android: Infiltration hit the table for the first time. We played with two, and we loved it. Since our initial playthrough, I have spent a lot of time pondering co-op possibilities and variants that do not require us to play more than one operative in 2p. This game is going to see a lot of play.

On Sunday, we played Dominion, Thunderstone, and Fresco.

Boy, did I get my butt-kicked on Sunday. I lost each and every game we played by a large margin, and I loved it. Although she would never admit it, I think my girlfriend really enjoyed the thorough trouncing. She commented that it had been a while since she had a day like that, and her smirk was wider than usual.

After she dispatched me at Thunderstone, she requested that I call her "Dragon Slayer" for the remainder of the day.

I think I am going to make it a week for the sake of romantic harmony. We'll see how well she likes it when I am shouting to her from across the produce section at the grocery store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Clarino
United States
Rockfall
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went home to VT for the weekend. Saturday, my brother and i played two games of Super Dungeon Explore (I won both). It felt like the board game version pf Final fantasy tactics.

Its been years since i got to game with my brother. When we were growing up he was the one i usually played against. Now that we live so far away, it was awesome to play anything with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kimes

Fort Wayne
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 game this weekend but it was a good one, Alien Frontiers i think I swayed a few new gamers in with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2nd game of Brass, which shoot up in my rankings.

My 1st game of TS via Vassal, where i got destroyed, but atleast survived until round 9 vs a veteran.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diggì
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I do translate rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
Puerto Rico and World without end. I lost both games, but I had lot of fun, which is important

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wheeler
United States
Ammon
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Civilization with Expansion - It was so fantastic and has gone, frankly, too long.
On the penultimate turn, 3 of the 4 players were in contention for a win- either via culture or science. Great weekend for a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday night I played a 6-person game of Ave Caesar. It was our first time, we played 3 races, and everyone loved it. Last month we played Formula D and everyone agreed that they enjoyed Ave Caesar much more. I think it was primarily because it plays so much faster, there was no runaway leader, and the rules were pretty simple. Looks like Formula D will be up for sale soon.

Sunday was full of gaming:

First up was a quick game of Memoir '44, the Operation Cobra scenario. I nearly won as the Axis but then was defeated when I played with the Allied forces. This marked the first time my wife has beaten me at M44 cry.

Later, some friends stopped by and we played a long overdue game of Tobago. What a beautiful game and it still blows my mind that you can set up the 3 board pieces in like 32 different configurations and the game still works. I finished a close second.

Next up was 7 Wonders which came down to a tie b/w myself and one other player. Luckily, I won the tiebreaker thanks to more money. This was my first game where I really focused on military and it paid off.

The final game of the evening was King of Tokyo. The dreaded "Wings" card came out and the winner used it perfectly to hold onto Tokyo for the win. Unfortunately, one of the four players was eliminated by the time Wings came out. I think 3 players could of worked together to get him out of Tokyo, but with only two, it's pretty difficult to oust a Winged monster from Tokyo.

Overall, a fun weekend of gaming and I'm looking forward to receiving my Pegasus Spiele version of Top Race which should arrive in the mail today! Our monthly meet up is next weekend and this game will definitely be the centerpiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kirychuk
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduced a friend to Race for the Galaxy. Played with him and my two sons. Good game, but one of the kids won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.