• [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, now I know what I'll be doing this evening.

Edit: And done. I like the basics, it's about what we had already seen and learned. I look forward to giving it a play as soon as its delivered to me. I think I will have a blast with this game, and look forward to modding and tweaking it to my taste. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Thanks, now I know what I'll be doing this evening.

As if I didn't have enough to do already now I HAVE to read the rules! Thanks for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo DiLuca
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting read. 28 pages; 11 scenarios (1 is a tutorial), 1 summary sheet, and about 16 pages of rules with big pictures & diagrams. Organization and editing is a little awkward, but I've certainly read worse. Finding clarification during play may be tricky but on the other hand, I think the learning curve is pretty low. Immediate impression; a light skirmish that will play quickly. I was skeptical about the posted 60 minute play time, but now I can envision it's accuracy. This game is either going to be a light hearted "filler" title for my group, or we'll play multiple scenarios during one session. A juiced up, pop culture ramped, and pimped out upgrade of 'Zombies!!!' I'm looking forward to delivery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished the rules myself. First thoughts:

I wonder if the expansion will include more "Improved weaponry" (e.g. combined weapons)?
(A previous image made me wonder this earlier; see here - although the image has been taken down)

And zombie duplication (by splitting into exactly identical groups) is going to be crazy! It might also bog down the game a bit. I can envision significant Analysis Paralysis due to making sure your actions don't cause any zombies/groups to require splitting due to being equally attracted to two zones and/or having two equally long paths to the same most attractive zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicolas Raoult wrote:
Hi,

Zombicide's rules are available on Guillotine Games' website:

http://guillotinegames.com/en/gamestuff

Have fun!

Thank you very much.

GG did an incredible job so early in July. Most assuredly the tissue-industrie will suffer from deflation ...

Enjoy the rules! I will.

All the best!
Mad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strait Pazos
Spain
flag msg tools
mb

The rules are here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! Seems very straight forward and lots of fun decisions to make. I especially like that a surviver can choose to just make a lot of noise to try to attract zombies. And as I was reading the vehicle rules I thought "I wonder if you can run over zombies..." and then on the next page "Yes!!!" Although, you can also kill your friends if you're not careful.

The splitting could be a pain, but it remains to be seen how often this actually occurs. I'm not sure how I feel about having to first target survivors when using a ranged weapon, especially if you use it at a range of 0. But I guess that's just part of the game. Need to find that rifle scope!

The rules say that if you need to spawn a certain zombie type, but no extras are available, then each zombie of that type takes another turn. I wonder if having the Abomination Pack with all the extra zombies makes the game easier or harder.

I'm really looking forward to playing this one, and the solitaire potential is a big bonus as well. The expansion potential, both official and fan created, is HUGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotta be honest, I'm glad I didn't back this one. After reading through the rules, there doesn't appear to be anything too different here from Last Night On Earth. Maybe this can be a good alternative for people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you play LNOE solo? Isn't it team v team?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, I guess that'd be the one thing I see that would really affect the gameplay. I acknowledge the sound mechanic is cool, but I don't feel it adds much more to the pot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
I've gotta be honest, I'm glad I didn't back this one. After reading through the rules, there doesn't appear to be anything too different here from Last Night On Earth. Maybe this can be a good alternative for people.
Well, sure they are both zombie games. But I think there's enough difference to justify both (for some people, that is. Then again I own about 6 WW2 squad-level game!) Just a few of the differences I see so far:

Multiplayer Cooperative vs. Multiplayer Competitive
Solitaire Capability vs. No Solitaire Capability
Zones vs. Square Grid
Variety of Zombie Types vs. One Zombie Type
Characters Power-Up as function of Zombies Killed vs. Not
Not as Card-Driven vs. More Card Driven (especially zombie player(s) )
Noise Mechanic vs. No Noise Mechanic
Kill Zombies (and friends) with cars angry vs. Can't (in base game)
Faster Playing vs. A Little Longer
Lighter Rules vs. A Little Heavier Rules
Chuck Norris vs. No Chuck Norris laugh

Obviously someone could continue the list identifying ways that LNOE may be superior to Zombicide (Photo artwork vs. Cartoon, CD vs. No CD, less expensive vs. more expensive)

For me, I think Zombicide will see much more table time than LNOE has seen. So I'm very excited about Zombicide, and LNOE may be heading to Ebay.

But that's just my take on the two games having only played LNOE about 3-4 times and having only just read the rules for Zombicide. Come September I'll know better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can certainly understand someone not being excited about the game now that the rules have come out, gameplay-wise it is pretty barebones and unglamorous. But, personally, I'm perfectly content with buying a really great "toolbox"-all the miniatures, the cool looking tiles; that I and many others can play around with and create infinite scenarios for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JRSly wrote:
I can certainly understand someone not being excited about the game now that the rules have come out, gameplay-wise it is pretty barebones and unglamorous. But, personally, I'm perfectly content with buying a really great "toolbox"-all the miniatures, the cool looking tiles; that I and many others can play around with and create infinite scenarios for.

Unglamourous barebone-rules have a huge advantage: They are simple to use and establish a great tactical advantage by combining them. Just consider games like "Risk" or "Carcassone" - very simple games which seem to be all-time-favorites for many people.
What I saw in the Z-Cide rules is pretty awesome. Now I just wonder how well they work in the game.

And I agree with you: Even the Z-Cide core-game is pretty amazing from the way it looks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely like that the base rules are pretty simple. Easy to learn, quick to play - but you can build your own crazy, longer scenarios if you like.

I'm super excited by the rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
I'm a big fan of LNOE and play it quite regularly. Initially, I was hesitant to buy into Zombicide due to the likely similarities, but in the end the appeal of a pure co-op game I could play with just my wife working together won me over. I think there's definitely some significant differences in the games, even beyond the co-op vs team based game.

Primarily, LNOE is NOT a game about fighting zombies. As a general rule, if survivors are fighting zombies, the zombies are winning. It very much embodies the classic horror vibe where you're just trying to find a temporarily safe spot. It also feels like it has more of that classic "just when you thought it was safe" horror vibe, where bad things randomly happen to thwart your sense of security.

I could be wrong, but Zombicide looks to be significantly more focused on fighting zombies. There's very little option for evasion from the looks of it and most of the scenarios seem designed to force you to fight through hordes of zombies to succeed. That attitude alone makes it a vastly different game in my opinion; though I suppose opinions can and will vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaddockKrug wrote:
Unglamourous barebone-rules have a huge advantage: They are simple to use and establish a great tactical advantage by combining them. Just consider games like "Risk" or "Carcassone" - very simple games which seem to be all-time-favorites for many people.
What I saw in the Z-Cide rules is pretty awesome. Now I just wonder how well they work in the game.

And I agree with you: Even the Z-Cide core-game is pretty amazing from the way it looks.

Right, exactly, it's enough to give you a "sandbox" to play around in, it gives you unlimited possibilities for creating and sharing scenarios. Where as if you had more complicated rules, it could be a challenge trying to create within that framework.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strait Pazos
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I was wondering if you open a door, when you draw a card (to spawn zombies in each building room )that states "X type of zombie takes an extra turn" does that actually happens right away or in the zombie phase? Or just spawn no zombies? Do I have to draw another card?

Same thing with the "sewer" spawning cards. I can imagine my survivor taking a dump, flushing the toilet, and watching some angry zombies crawling out the sewers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, when you draw a Zombie Card, whathever is written on it is what happens. Esither place some zombies in the zone you're pointing at, reactivate a zombie type, or spawn from the sewers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i attempted to print the rules out so i can read them after work and all the wording came out "jumbled". Is this on purpose so no one prints or is my printer going crazy? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think it's any strategy on their end. Probably something wrong with your printing settings, missing fonts, whatever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you, ill try again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strait Pazos
Spain
flag msg tools
mb

Another question... For example, Wanda's blue-zone skill states that she moves 2 zones per move action.
You start your move action in an empty zone but then you go with your first move through a zone with a zombie. Do you have to spend another action to just past through that zone? Or you only have to spend aditional actions when your movement starts in a zone with zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"If there are Zombies on the Zone the Survivor is attempting to
leave, he must spend an extra Action per Zombie present."

So I'd say yes, it's not about where your movement starts, it's about whenever you're trying to leave a zone with zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.