United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my English rules, I see the following for the card Harbor Tour:

Quote:
At the end of the game, you receive 1 additional point for each of your scoring buildings. Only the 9 trade cards that have a fixed point value of 1 to 5 are considered scoring buildings (for example Davidwache, Music Hall).

The problem I see with this is that I only count seven trade cards with a fixed point value between 1 and 5:

Light House 1 VP
Theater 2 VP
Boatsmen Church 3 VP
Davidwache 3 VP
St. Michaelis 4 VP
Music Hall 4 VP
City Hall 5 VP

There are two more trade cards that are buildings that score end game points, but they score a variable value depending on what else the player has:

Chamber of Commerce 1 VP per coin
Port 1 VP per ship

I'm guessing the Harbor Tour only counts the 7 cards with a fixed point value, but one could argue it says there are 9 cards to count so include the Chamber of Commerce and Port as well.

Which is it? Or is there a third option here I am not seeing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Maybe a mistake in the edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
Maybe a mistake in the edition.

Well, it seems a mistake in one direction or the other, but I'm not sure which way the mistake is. I think the mistake is they should have wrote "7 trade cards..." but maybe the intention if the Port and Chamber of Commerce are included, in which case the mistake is the section that reads "that have a fixed point value of 1 to 5."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's much more probable that the mistake is in the 9/7 thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this e-mail from Eggertspiele today:
Quote:
Hallo Herr Poplawski,

vilen Dank für Ihre Frage/Info zum Kaispeicher. Ja da ist uns tatsächlich ein kleiner Fehler unterlaufen, sie haben da mit den 7 Karten recht. Es waren mal erst alle reinen Siegpunktgebäude aber das war dann zu stark, da haben wir die variablen Siegpunktgebäude rausgenommen aber in der Regel die zahl nicht verändert, sorry.

Ich wünsche Ihnen dann noch viel Spaß mit dem Spiel,

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Eggert

In short: confirmed by the German publisher of the game, the rules sheet is incorrect and should say "7 trade cards", not 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.