United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These fuckers... I swear

Quote:
Sage Stallone Death: Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Actor's Funeral

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/sage-stallone-death...

FINGERS CROSSED TIGHTLY, that we get to see Rambo in real life. My GOD how awesome would life be, if Stallone jumped up onto a big ole 50 cal attached to a jeep and just rip every single person on the picket line to pieces.

I really don't think anyone would say anything about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBC always reminds me of this:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Just_Don%27t_Look

Don't give them attention and they'll die off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fair enough.

treat em like the T-Rex in Jurrasic Park. Their sight is based on movement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
NyQuil Driver wrote:
WBC always reminds me of this:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Just_Don%27t_Look

Don't give them attention and they'll die off.

Besides I've always suspected that IRL Stallone is probably quiet and a bit bookish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Someone really should be pushing for laws that make it legal to punch all people protesting at funerals in the face.

Just get a really good attorney on retainer. Surely there have to be some that also feel as most people do about the WBC, and could get you off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to get worked up over these guys anymore, they don't really do anything other than reiterate their "shocking" message for the umpteenth time. Ignoring them shouldn't be a strategic decision, it should be a fairly natural reflex at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've honestly been surprised with the WBC. They protest so many soldier funerals. How have they not got in over their heads yet?

I would have expected some Marine to do as the OP hopes for by now, and wipe these shitstains off the face of the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anyone condoning or inciting (as are some posters on HuffPo) violence against them is even more awful and deserving of condemnation than they are. I perceive that the Left is increasingly violent and careless of civil liberties. History reveals bad precedents in this direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Kiraboshi wrote:
Anyone condoning or inciting (as are some posters on HuffPo) violence against them is even more awful and deserving of condemnation than they are. I perceive that the Left is increasingly violent and careless of civil liberties. History reveals bad precedents in this direction.

They protest obnoxiously at funerals where families are usually grieving for someone killed in combat. If that doesn't deserve a punch in the face, I don't know what does. This really should be a bipartisan issue.

The Aggie response of making a human wall round a funeral was pretty awesome.
http://www.tmdailypost.com/article/education/aggies-build-hu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bjlillo wrote:
Kiraboshi wrote:

They protest obnoxiously at funerals where families are usually grieving for someone killed in combat. If that doesn't deserve a punch in the face, I don't know what does. This really should be a bipartisan issue.

They protest on public property by holding their signs and addressing passers-by. You call for violence and disregard the rule of law to effectuate some petty posturing about how offended you are. You are far more an affront to civilized values, and like most people who pay superficial lip-service to morality your outrage is a self-aggrandizing affectation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bjlillo wrote:
Kiraboshi wrote:
They protest on public property by holding their signs and addressing passers-by. You call for violence and disregard the rule of law to effectuate some petty posturing about how offended you are. You are far more an affront to civilized values, and like most people who pay superficial lip-service to morality your outrage is a self-aggrandizing affectation.

But I'm not calling for disregarding the rule of law. I'm calling for changing the law so it's legal to punch funeral protesters in the face. That's much different. Also, punching them in the face could hardly be considered violence. It's more like shock therapy.

You are disregarding the rule of law because the Constitution is the highest law of the United States and its First Amendment protects these people as they express their views in the street, mandating that lesser and subordinate laws may not discriminate against their viewpoint. If you find that intolerable, maybe you should get out of the country. There are many delightful destinations where the government is all too eager to aid and abet the barbarous, simian conduct of the miserable rabble that inhabit them. Many of these governments are Islamist and go beyond the religious invective they share with WBC to actually torture and murder homosexuals. I don't think this should pose a problem to you, because your commitment to civil liberties is self-evidently phony anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
I speak freely by punching people in the face sometimes. Let's some rule of law up in here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Protests have been limited by lesser and subordinate laws since Adams. There is a whole lot more history with these laws than there is without them. Specifically, there is already a lesser and subordinate law specifically dealing with these fuckers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect_for_America%27s_Fallen_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:

Thank you, conscience of the universe. Meanwhile, please present the bodies of your dead children so that I may mock them while you stand placidly by the wayside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Out come the non sequiturs and "jokes" that don't even make a credible attempt at humour. This is to distract from how odious and indefensible you really are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisterCranky wrote:
Kiraboshi wrote:

Thank you, conscience of the universe. Meanwhile, please present the bodies of your dead children so that I may mock them while you stand placidly by the wayside.

If moral sentiments are not worth listening to, why should anybody object at mocking some vaunted chunk of rotten meat? I guess moral outrage is only valid when it best serves your own purposes. Not only that, as far is I know none of the ingrates calling for violence have any dead children to be mocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
Kiraboshi wrote:

If moral sentiments are not worth listening to, why should anybody object at mocking some vaunted chunk of rotten meat? I guess moral outrage is only valid when it best serves your own purposes. Not only that, as far is I know none of the ingrates calling for violence have any dead children to be mocked.

I took it not as a literal wish for violence but rather a realization that some of the soldiers' family members might not be in control of their emotions at the funeral and so theoretically could react that way. The reaction then would be viewed as literally out of linebut in another sense poetic justice.

Do you see the distinction made?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:

Please don't misunderstand--it's not that moral sentiments are not worth listening to, it's just that you are not worth listening to. Thanks for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:
...as far is I know...

There's your problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With that sort of shock value effort, I'll guess Eastboro Zen or simple Scientology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have vaunted ceilings in my dream home. As far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought assembling their faces with your fist, BJ, was particularly appropriate, since they are, apparently, Facists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Oh come on, freedom to assemble my fist with their face sounded pretty damn funny to me when I wrote it. You can't even elevate that to a credible attempt at humor?

God hates wags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisterCranky wrote:
I thought assembling their faces with your fist, BJ, was particularly appropriate, since they are, apparently, Facists.

You're the ones who sound like a bunch of brownshirts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:

How did you manage to drag the left into this? Why would you even do that? I'm a liberal and I said we should ignore them, BJ is a conservative and you've been arguing with him for half the thread as to whether or not punching them is appropriate. Does that change your mind at all? No, probably not. Does it even matter? No, absolutely not, our political leanings almost certainly have nothing to do with our respective views of the Westies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.