Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played 6 games of Super Showdown so far, but the Villain has won 5 of the games regardless of the player. I'm curious if others are seeing a similar winning trend for the Villain or if it's just how my particular games have played out. Admittedly, the games usually REALLY close and 2 have come right down to 1 die roll or the very last card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Butterfield
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
C.G. -

In our playtesting we never saw a large imbalance. I actually typically did better as Hero, but Trevor wins handily with both Hero and Villain options.

I'd love responses to this also to see if anyone has has seen an extreme streak in one way or the other!

I'll watch this one for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Case
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this game and played 3 quick games and villain won every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't noticed a large imbalance, but I don't feel like I've seen many games with evenly skilled players.

When you played, did you reassign villain/hero after each game, or keep your roles regardless of what hand you got? It seems like part of the villain advantage is slightly higher chance to get decoys and the raygun if you are assigning the role to the player with the most green each deal. (or more accurately, slightly higher chance of the villain role going to the player with more decoys or the raygun).

The big villain advantage is the reset position though. I've considered house ruling that after a reset (a brawn showdown) the villain always starts the next round even if he started the previous. I think starting the round is generally weaker than going second, especially on opposite sides of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.