Panzer Grenadier: Elsenborn Ridge» Forums » Rules

Subject: basic question about self activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Dickey
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I've played ER a few times last year and am rereading the rules to play again. I have a question about self-activation of stacks:
The second para. of rule 3.11 mentions a leader in a stack that self-activates also activating. I may be thick, but I can't figure out why a player would first activate a stack and then subsequently the leader in order to activate "all units of his type" in the stack. This seems circular to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mostly a book keeping shortcut. Technically the stack doesn't activate, the leader and units not of his type activate, the leader then activates his unit types. The rule is just saying, don't think about it, just assume that is what's happening, unless otherwise specified.

Circular, well, sort of. It avoids things like, "The tank and lieutenant activate, the lieutenant activates the HMG stacked with him." Don't over think it. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dickey
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.