Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Batterton
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
SpiderCat. Direct from the 9th plane of Hell. Adoptions are held every 666 days .
mbmbmbmbmb
I will apologize in advance. This is merely an observation (and probably has been talked about at some point).

It states that if there is a German Player, he, or she, can choose to use the MGF dice at the start of the game. Up to this point, every player has their own set of of dice (or two sets to choose from).
But if the German Player chooses to use MGF dice in a four player game, there will have to be trading as there are only 4 MGF in the game and you will now need 5 dice total.

I only mention this as every player has their own set of everything they need to play without trading or borrowing dice or cards. This is a great part of the game and somewhat necessary for the style of play.

I believe these dice will be for sale on the Valley Games webpage. I would be interested in purchasing a single die so everyone can continue to have their own dice in a four player game.

This isn't a knock or negative comment. Its just an observation.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MGF dice are not owned by anyone. They just replace the standard 6-siders in the base game.

In a game with a German player, he will mostly be rolling the MGF dice himself so won't have to share with the Allies.

You have to share now as some sectors call for more than 1 MGF die to be rolled. I guess if you are really selfish, you can force the other player just to roll that one die multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
PBatt wrote:
I will apologize in advance. This is merely an observation (and probably has been talked about at some point).

It states that if there is a German Player, he, or she, can choose to use the MGF dice at the start of the game. Up to this point, every player has their own set of of dice (or two sets to choose from).
But if the German Player chooses to use MGF dice in a four player game, there will have to be trading as there are only 4 MGF in the game and you will now need 5 dice total.

I only mention this as every player has their own set of everything they need to play without trading or borrowing dice or cards. This is a great part of the game and somewhat necessary for the style of play.

I believe these dice will be for sale on the Valley Games webpage. I would be interested in purchasing a single die so everyone can continue to have their own dice in a four player game.

This isn't a knock or negative comment. Its just an observation.

Peter

MGF dice are not part of the players' individual set of dice. There are more like a "pool" of dice that players can use.

Also, there is no need for more than 4 MGF because there is never more than 4 Allied Units on the board (and the German is not affected by MGF). Usually, 1 or 2 dice will suffice (since you only roll 1 die per Sector, regardless of the number of Units present).

Brian beat me to it. ninja

Curse you, Brian!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Batterton
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
SpiderCat. Direct from the 9th plane of Hell. Adoptions are held every 666 days .
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response. So would you say that with a German Player that the MGF dice are now thrown by the German Player?

I hadn't thought of that and that would make sense.

It would feel more PVP that way.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
PBatt wrote:
Thank you for the response. So would you say that with a German Player that the MGF dice are now thrown by the German Player?

I hadn't thought of that and that would make sense.

It would feel more PVP that way.

Peter

Yes, this was the intention (I don't remember if it's in the rules or if it was taken out). The German should roll both Landmines and MGF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.