Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Price
United Kingdom
Darlaston
west Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to the zombies series of games, I have just bought the main game and zombies 2 and am eagerly awaiting them to be delivered. After reading up on the rules I see that most of the expansions mix well together but I am unclear as to how zombies 4 can be played with the original tiles from zombies.

If you use tiles from other expansions how are they placed since they are roads and zombies 4 are wooded tiles. Do you still use the helipad if using the original game?

I have read the official rules on twilights page and they just say you can mix the expansions but do not explain setup. Sorry if this is a dumb question but it has been bugging me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mix the "bridge" tile (which is the start tile for Zombies 4) into the main deck of tiles from the base game. Keep all the woodland tiles in a separate stack. Once you discover the bridge tile, the players now have a choice where they want to go, into the woods, in which case they draw from the woods (Zombies 4) deck, or stay in the city and draw from the Zombies base tile deck. Hope that makes sense.

Mixing Zombies 4 in with the base game can make for a big map. I personally recommend just playing Zombies 4 on its own but by all means experiment and have fun

Edit: One additional thought. If you are brand new to the series, try the base rules but then try the "Quick Play" rules located in the files section. I can't recommend them enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Price
United Kingdom
Darlaston
west Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response, just another quick question do you need the crossroads tile and straight road tile to connect the bridge to the city tiles once the bridge card comes into play as you would do when playing other expansions?

Really cannot wait to start playing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I don't think you need to keep a crossroads and straight piece aside. When the bridge comes up just place it and go. Sometimes it looks a bit awkward with the bridge to the woods right there in town but that's the way it is. That doesn't mean you can't set aside a crossroads and straight piece though. You could even start the game with the town center, a few road pieces, and the bridge already in place. The Zombies franchise lends itself well to experimenting with set-up and homebrew rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.