Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So now there is an argument as to how to play it.

Is it a player takes 2 factions and hides the master/puppet under one each and then proceeds to play those 2 factions, and at the end reveals if he played the game for his master to win?

OR

Is it a player takes 2 factions and hides the master/puppet under one each and then passes them to the other player who does the same, basically exchanging them with each other so the master/puppet are the "secret" until the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player chooses their own master and puppet for themself. (i.e. option 1) and then tries to bluff that choice long enough to keep the other player from concentrating their efforts on the master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Elsenheimer
United States
Howard City
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first Master & Pupper game last night. (I only won against my very tough opponent because she wasn't able to prevent her puppet from earning 2 Triumphs.) It was more cool and fun than I imagined it to be, though it still was a 3 hour game, and twice taxing the brain since each player worked 2 factions each.

I do wonder however if you've up your sleeve a 2 player variant which plays quicker and requires less mental work. I would be able to play such a version more often than the incredible Master & Puppet, of which I might only get in a play once a month.

On the other hand, the more I play Lyssan in general, I suspect the faster I'll get. Your suggestion of a "5 minute per faction turn" rule was brilliant, BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.