Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the time frame is for the kickstarter emails to go out? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get to do one email survey through Kickstarter---so you have to make it count. Logistics must become a real pain once you can start adding optional opportunities for each order. And if you send out the survey too early, you get many more people who have moved and need to change addresses.

When I first started pledging Kickstarter projects in 2010, people sent out survey emails right away. In some cases, the day after the project ended. Now, as people are becoming more savvy, I think more and more projects are waiting just a little bit longer before they send out the surveys; some wait until the games are actually on the boat and others wait until just before they reach the shipping warehouse. I would be extremely surprised if they went that late for The Duke because Catalyst may need numbers on the optional tile packs before going to production, but that's just blatant speculation on my part.

So my answer is: I have no clue. HOWEVER, I can say that if the email surveys had already come though, I would have been very surprised. Given that so much happened at the end of this project over that last weekend and that Catalyst mentioned they didn't want to leave Kickstarters behind who missed out---that's seems like complicated logistics to me, because it involves figuring out how you will collect additional money after a project has ended? That sounds tricky if you don't already have something in place.

I recently backed Tammany Hall by Pandasaurus Games which ended two weeks before The Duke did. They too had a lot of late success with similar needs to fulfill expanding your order after it had been made. It took them a month to design and organize the email surveys for Tammany Hall. But that was for a game that had already been printed previously and was just being updated for a new edition?

My guess for the 'Duke Kickstarter Email Survey Arrival' is -- Friday, August 24th (the Friday after they get back from GenCon) ...or maybe Monday the 25th?

Any other prognosticators care to offer a guess?

If you are really curious, you can follow them on Twitter (here). I find many companies often tweet information first before posting a full update on Kickstarter. They are very active and have a lot going on right now with major new releases. Sometimes they even tweet images about testing Duke tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.