Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in the Chattanooga, TN area could benefit from the following news:

McKay Used Books & CDs has started selling and taking board games in trade as part of their normal operations.

I for one think this is a great idea, and contributed a handful of games to their fledgling stock.

So if you have any games you want to offload for books, CDs, games, etc. this could be a great opportunity to help them build a worthwhile inventory.

Thanks.

PS-Brick and Mortar stores dealing in used games? Yes, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Teserovitch
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is awesome. Hopefully the McKays in Knoxville is doing the same thing. I'll be in the area next week and look forward to finding out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Lewis
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
“Whatever you do, He will make good of it. But not the good He had prepared for you if you had obeyed Him.” Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
badge
"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Will stop in next time I'm in Chattanooga... thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it doesn't descend into the lowest form of board game, cast off stuff only fit for the thrift stores. That's what I see at the used book store that takes games around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if they have someone knowledgeable there that won't just take in every game that comes into the store it could be awesome. But if I want to go look at shelves full of Sorry, Clue, Yahtzee, and Trivial Pursuit I have my thrift stores for that. At the same time I have to wonder how many folks would be willing to trade in good games? Unless of course they could trade them in for other good games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were a couple of trivial pursuits the first time I went by, but also a stack of Herocard Orc Wars (NIS). Snagged one at $3. Intrigued, I brought in a couple of my decent games and some of my better looking thrift finds and was pleasantly surprised at how much credit they gave me. I even gave them a couple of NIS games I got on the cheap. Made more than I would have if I auctioned them on BGG, actually.

I figure even if they carry thrift-store stuff in decent shape or better and for a good price, that can only be a win for us in the long run (quality copies, that is).

Hoping others will consider bringing in some goodies to start something up here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is always going to be...

"Man, this looks cool, but I bet some of the pieces are missing."

Or for the game-savvy, just substitute 'counters', 'meeples', 'bits' for 'pieces'.

But I nonetheless sure hope it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.