Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

What Price Glory?» Forums » General

Subject: Would'nt it be nice ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice if Worthington Games could pick
this game up. whistle

I like Mr.'s Nakamura & Starkweathers A-I games !

And tough to get a WWI grand scale(?) game at a light level of play.

Not coming to your nearest gaming table anytime soon as is ...

Worthington could do a good job of it. thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it would. But it won't happen. Adam Starkweather is part of MMP...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:
Would be nice if Worthington Games could pick
this game up. whistle

I like Mr.'s Nakamura & Starkweathers A-I games !

And tough to get a WWI grand scale(?) game at a light level of play.

Not coming to your nearest gaming table anytime soon as is ...

Worthington could do a good job of it. thumbsup


I would prefer to wait for MMP - their production values are far superior to Worthington.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
I would prefer to wait for MMP - their production values are far superior to Worthington.


WAIT is the imperative word. Please take a seat.

And yes, the games are better looking. It's because the are more expensive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vazquezramos wrote:
da pyrate wrote:
I would prefer to wait for MMP - their production values are far superior to Worthington.


WAIT is the imperative word. Please take a seat.

And yes, the games are better looking. It's because the are more expensive.


Again I disagree - I think that QUALITY is the imperative.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you think Worthing Games has QUALITY? I believe it does. Maybe MMP has more QUALITY, a bit more, a lot more, something that is worth the additional price or not, it dependes on opinion. But I must repeat that Worthing Games doesn't lack QUALITY, at least in the games I know of them.

EDIT: It looks this conversation is becoming quite strange. To be sincere, I have no reason to defend Worthing Games or any other company, I'm not on their payroll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vazquezramos wrote:
Don't you think Worthing Games has QUALITY? I believe it does. Maybe MMP has more QUALITY, a bit more, a lot more, something that is worth the additional price or not, it dependes on opinion. But I must repeat that Worthing Games doesn't lack QUALITY, at least in the games I know of them.

EDIT: It looks this conversation is becoming quite strange. To be sincere, I have no reason to defend Worthing Games or any other company, I'm not on their payroll.


Have a read of my review on the Worthington game, Blood & Sand.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A great review. In fact your reviews are very good, I just read the one for Beda Fomm, a game I'm thinking about buying.

About the question MMP x WG, I just noticed it is quite useless. I have almost deleted my previous comments but then I thought it would be unfair. I believe those things are just a matter of opinion and, to be quite frank, useless, as our comments won't change anything. Anyway, I'll keep an eye in your reviews from now on!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
kskato wrote:
Would be nice if Worthington Games could pick
this game up. whistle

I like Mr.'s Nakamura & Starkweathers A-I games !

And tough to get a WWI grand scale(?) game at a light level of play.

Not coming to your nearest gaming table anytime soon as is ...

Worthington could do a good job of it. thumbsup


I would prefer to wait for MMP - their production values are far superior to Worthington.



From personal experience I don't see that much difference between MMP & WG in [game] product quality.
No MMP or WG game ( I have or seen) is of say .. DoW or FFG production level anyway .
They Look about the same 'Class' level to me.

But I defer to You guys on quality. You've been around more copies than I have..

If the Art stylings are designed and set on a game, what matters on the Game company? More on the printers standards isn't it.
And the Game Co. insisting on a standard, right?
I don't know.
How would it be different between the two ???

I'm just wonder out loud... laugh

Why bother keeping it, if Worthington will take it, and Go with no pre-orders ?

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@@.1dd355a0
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see I was wrong - there's a chance of WG getting WPG! So, forget about my excuses.

To be quite frank: between no game (as it seems MMP has no interest in it anymore) and the game by Worthington Games, I believe the answer is a no-brainer.

It is my opinion: I dislike MMP games because they sometimes seem to have gold in their hands but the way they sell the games is not very smart. The games look nice, yes, but they are not very friendly with their customers (besides ASL). That's my opinion based on experience. I would like to be wrong, but my experiences aren't.

[Edit: I understand you had a bad experience with Blood & Sand, but I must say that I have Red Poppies from Worthington Games and everything is just amazing, the counters, map, manual, everything.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP printing schedule is what it is.

What cannot be denied is that when they put something out, it has been very well developed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.