Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I asked the designer if anything was planned, and he mentioned that he might look into it. I was hoping for an official solitaire variant as part of the core game, without sacrificing too much gameplay. I haven't playtested the game, so I don't have any insight on how do-able this is. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Brasher
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
HER!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first play through was on my own using 2 player rules with the two dummy hands. It played well, I didn't use objectives, races or conflict. When playing with 4 the same way and then 3 with all the cards the game was much more intense and was awesome single player rules lack the interactive challenge. The game is so much more with other players! I'd be interested with what people come up with for single play rules though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I think that the draft is difficult to perform in a single player game. Part of the draft mechanic is that you decide which tiles to deny to the next player; you miss that with solitaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is using the Booster draft rules of drafting like the booster draft in MtG. There are other rules for drafting cards so maybe a Winchester draft with closed cards or something else where you see what cards you can choose from and you also have the option of drawing a card at random instead of picking from them.....

Something like looking at two or three cards in order to pick one or draw one from the top of the deck.

hmmmm... maybe i should come up with something .

But it will be a totally different game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
I think that the draft is difficult to perform in a single player game. Part of the draft mechanic is that you decide which tiles to deny to the next player; you miss that with solitaire.

Drawing 3 cards and picking one might be interesting. Or you could do 5/4/3/3/2/1 if you wanted numbers more similar to drafts.

You may also need to play without objectives. I could try this out and see how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had faint hope of perhaps some dedicated solitaire cards and a robot tracking board ala Race for the Galaxy. I haven't supported ATS yet - I likely will - but this would easily push me over the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I backed the game, but I hope something interesting comes down the line, as this will most likely be played solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.