United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Civil War historian, I feel obligated to ask:

Why Lincoln?

I mean, it's not like he ever did this, or ever had an opportunity to do this. Had he survived the war, the odds that he would have made such tours are...exceedingly remote.

And there are other thematic options; the governor, say. I don't think governors did this very often either, but it's a more attractive possibility. I can at least imagine a territorial governor making inspections of the burgeoning towns in the territory.

I have lots of games with equally dubious historical aspects to them, of course, and it sounds like this is a great game--I'm just curious as to the thematic choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems bizarre to me too. My initial thought is that the game was designed by a European who knows nothing of American history. Maybe there's an explanation that I've overlooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Malte
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, thats right. And I am from germany and think often when I see american films: "Oh, the americans know nothing about germany ".

But I love the theme of WT and hope it´s for all americans no problem and we can play this game together!

But, what Alfred says I think so too. Often is the historical aspects very dubious (in board games, films, books & the internet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.