Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this with my wife for the first time last night and she had a question that I didn't have a clear answer for.

If you produce goods on a set of connected land (ie dairy) tiles but you do NOT have enough storage spaces on those particular land tiles, can you store the excess goods on an UNCONNECTED land tile of that same type somewhere else on your farm?

This assumes there is no more space in the barn.

To be clear: I have two connected dairy tiles and I have placed a worker on those tiles to allow for production. I produce two diary goods but have only 1 available storage space left on those two specific tiles. I have no more space in my barn. On the other side of my board I have an unconnected dairy tile with 1 storage space on it. There are no workers on this tile.
Can I use this unconnected tile to store the extra good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple answer, no.

The goods must stay in the area in which they are produced or in the barn for storage. Just as you can not move goods out of the barn back in to the fields, you can not move produced goods from one area to another of the same type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goods can always go to a barn but can never return back to a field.

We've always played that goods must be either stored on the field they were created on, or in a barn.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't put the production in another field. You can only store excess in the barns. You CAN dump stuff out of your barns if you desire the new resources more than what is in your barns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are actually pretty clear on this:
Quote:
Take the goods from the supply and immediately place them onto the empty storage spaces of the corresponding land areas.

(bold is in the rulebook), and:
Quote:
You may also NOT move goods between land areas of the same type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.