Subject: Can you place/move miners in out-of-phase corridors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say we're in phase 2. Can miners still be placed in a phase 1 corridor?

Also in phase 2, could the players make a chain for the bottom and start opening up a phase 3 corridor or do they have to wait for phase 3 to begin?

Don't see anything in the rules so I assume there's no restriction, but I'd like to be certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Let's say we're in phase 2. Can miners still be placed in a phase 1 corridor?

Also in phase 2, could the players make a chain for the bottom and start opening up a phase 3 corridor or do they have to wait for phase 3 to begin?

Don't see anything in the rules so I assume there's no restriction, but I'd like to be certain.

Yes and yes. Often going for Phase 1 during Phase 2 or 3 during 2 is a different but it can be a rewarding strategy because you rarely have any competition since most want the better salt down below. Not often in fact I've never had anyone wish to go down to 2 or 3 during the previous phase just because of lack of workers. I think once someone thought about it in a 4 player game, but the cost to get any salt out of there with the player's lack of workers was insane so he opted not to attempt it.

I assume the reason the areas are marked I, II, III is simply the salt contained within will benefit you more with the current round's king's demands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, do not visualize the mine levels as in an way connected to the weeks of the game. This will only mess you up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.