Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Citadels» Forums » Rules

Subject: Purple districts in 2/3 palyers variant... or what do Turn and Round mean? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Candiani
Italy
Brescia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi there,

I am a little bit confused by the terms turn and round in the 2/3 players variant.
My question is: when you play your 2 characters, is that considered the player turn? In other words when playing with the 2/3P variant are you playing 2 turns (one per character) or one turn?

I'm asking this, because in some purple districts it is written once during your turn... and I am wondering if the action can be played once or twice in... um... the player turn.

In particular:
Smithy: 2 gold for 3 cards once or twice?
Laboratory: 1 card for 1 gold once or twice?
School of Magic: can I choose different colors during the 2 characters... um... rounds?
Observatory/Library: they do not mention neither turn nor round, so I assume they both work with the 2 characters? Correct?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Turn is one 'Role's worth' of actions.
So in a 2 or 3 person game, each player gets 2 Turns (unless one of their Roles was assassinated of course).

A Round is from when you Pick characters, until the last 'active' role ends their turn (typically the Warlord, pending assassinations and/or if #9's are being played).

Smithy/Laboratory can be used once for each of your Roles.

School of Magic can be different colors during each of your Role's Turns.

Observatory/Library happen any time/every time you choose to Draw Cards as your Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Candiani
Italy
Brescia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you grarrrg,

the Italian rules were quite unclear on that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.