5 Posts

Hellenes: Campaigns of the Peloponnesian War» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Islands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Nikolidakis
Greece
flag msg tools
What is the purpose of the islands without a value? Is there a strategy?Why should one use Crete for example. I have played three times The 431 Scenario and neither me nor my opponent used Crete or Carpathos or...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well maybe they are a good place to stop on the way to somewhere else? I agree, I haven't seen any of them come into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. An island could be a good place for a fleet/expedition to be (instead of at sea) if its fleets aren't first rate (eg Spartans). On an island it has to be attacked by Sea Landing, a mixed bag as the attackers don't get a fire in round one, but the defenders can't retreat (annihilated if they lose).

2. Islands can also be used as a stopping point to avoid a DeepSea crossing in many instances.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Nikolidakis
Greece
flag msg tools
Thank you boys for the replies.
Craig you cretaed an excellent game. You know i come from Greece so i have another reason to love this game.Pity thatthe map isn't the GMT standard quality...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemoni wrote:
Why should one use Crete for example.

Crete will come handy 2372 years later when you play the Germans...

Look here and brace yourself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.