Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Garretson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of the wooden taxation discs from the earlier edition and was wondering if having 5 more taxation chits is needed. For people with the older edition: Does the need for extra markers come up often?

Thanks,
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most recent edition does not have 10 wooden discs per nation for tax? In almost every game, there is a nation that uses 10 tax discs or close to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you must be thinking of Imperial 2030, which is a completely separate and selfcontained game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garretson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The copy of Imperial that I recently bought has 15 tax chits per nation with the nations flags printed on them. I have looked in the old rules and found that there was a limit of 10 tax chips in play that isn't in my rulebook.

I am trading for an older copy of the game with the tax chips and am wondering if the game is fine with 10 or if I should play with the new rules.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the rules in front of me, but I do not think the 10 wooden tax chips were the limit of neutral territories a nation could take. If ever a nation takes more than 10 neutral territories, it should use something else (pennies?) to mark them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thies Kolln
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what edition you have or why it has 15 chits, unless you have Imperial 2030. That game has fewer home provinces 4 v 5 in the original and more neutral area. You will need more than the 10 chips for this game.

The original game does have a hard limit of 10 chips in play per nation:
Imperial Rulebook p.9 wrote:
If a nation has put all ten tax chips on the board, it cannot acquire any more tax regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the Imperial 2030 rules and they indicate that 15 flags per nation are included.

Ben, you must have 2030, not Imperial.

There is no indication I can find that Imperial was ever released with flag chits, nor is there a use in the game for any more than 10 tax chits / flags anyway.

Does your game have Brazil in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garretson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I promise I am not nuts. Check this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
True: the newest edition of Imperial (Europe) was printed with 15 taxation tiles, instead of 10 wooden chits. It also contains 9 bonds per nation (instead of 8), and the bonds are overall smaller to fit better on the board. The money is also different. I think these are all improvements, and the restriction of max. 10 neutral areas was not really necessary for the game (but surely helped to restrict production costs, as wood is more costy than cardboard;-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:
True: the newest edition of Imperial (Europe) was printed with 15 taxation tiles, instead of 10 wooden chits. It also contains 9 bonds per nation (instead of 8), and the bonds are overall smaller to fit better on the board. The money is also different. I think these are all improvements, and the restriction of max. 10 neutral areas was not really necessary for the game (but surely helped to restrict production costs, as wood is more costy than cardboard;-).

Is there a way to buy the new bonds without buying the full game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
[/q]
Is there a way to buy the new bonds without buying the full game? [/q]

No, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.